Author Topic: Would trade fishing day on GB for help to install a Humminbird SI transducer  (Read 10318 times)

Offline jfneron

G'day folks! I live in Wasaga Beach and I have recetly purchased a new Humminbird 1199 fishfinder/GPS combo and it came with a Side Imaging transducer. As I live in a condo, I do not have tools to drill holes and do the installation of this new unit. I presently have an old Lowrance Lcx110 fishfinder with two transducers, so I will need to remove one of them to put the Humminbird one in place.

Would anyone here have the skills and the patience to help me do this installation? In exchange I could take you on my boat for a full day of trolling on Georgian Bay, as a way to say thank you. I could bring my boat on the trailer to your place or we could also do it at the Sturgeon Point Marina on River Rd E. Unfortunately the condo in which I live does not allow parking the boat/trailer in the parking lot. During the summer I put the boat on a boat lift (I live on the river shore) and go park the trailer else where.

Since this new transducer have a side imaging capacity, and since I have twin Honda outboard engines, I wonder where would be the best spot to do the installation: left or right side? (see photo)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jean-Francois Neron, CD, MSc
Wasaga Beach, ON
Exercise Physiologist, Military Photographer & Great Lakes Sportfishing Guide

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to help please contact Jean-Francois at jfneron@msn.com or call me on my cell at 418-875-2555.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Aaronlycle

• AaronlycleNU
Would trade fishing day on GB for help to install a Humminbird SI transducer
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:06:57 pm »
I Have a 98 sts, and was wondering if its Possible to just put in the sub and amp with the stock head unit, If so what would be the procedure to do this?