Author Topic: South Channel pickerel ?  (Read 11875 times)

Offline Mikexplorer

Re: South Channel pickerel ?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 11:42:23 pm »
Havent tried the south channel yet but I've pulled out a few big eye's in and around the pancakes and up towards the Snug area, they were not my target.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Ghostrider1000

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 10:21:19 pm »
Hi Tim,

I know it's been a while since you posted that question, but I just came across this thread now.

I've also been launching from Rose Point for many years now and have been fishing these waters extensively. I normally fish for bass, muskie, pike, and lake trout, however I caught a very nice walleye in 2013 while casting off my point. It's an interesting story actually.

That is the only walleye I have ever seen in these waters.

Would love to chat more - pm me if you want.

Cheers,

Thomas

Offline Goldie

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 02:27:02 pm »
A small worm harness in current areas and near deep weeds is hard to beat. My area is closer to Sans Souci can't speak for South Channel. I used to fear putting a worm in the water because of small bass but you just have to deal with it to get walleye in Georgian bay in the summer.

Offline Aaronlycle

• AaronlycleNU
South Channel pickerel
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:11 am »
Thanks Captnickm.  I have heard, and this is just hearsay, that in Novemeber you can practically hand feed them in the wee hours of the night here down south.  We shall see.  I have also heard that the gulf is the yellowfins spawinging grounds?  Will have to look into this one and if so what time of year.......