Author Topic: Are the pike off the beds on the inland lakes near Parry Sound?  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Pikeguy38

May seem like a dumb questions, but it seems to drastically change from year to year with temp/ice, etc.  Any insight would be greatly  appreciated.  Bug reports near Parry Sound would be insightful as well. Much appreciated!

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: Are the pike off the beds on the inland lakes near Parry Sound?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 04:41:43 pm »
Pike actually don't bed, they spawn in the shallow weed and grass. They are typically finished shortly after ice out.

Offline Seguin Fisher

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 08:39:16 pm »
Not to mention pike aren't in season up here for another week. As for the bugs, the cold weather we've had has kept them in hibernation but they've just starting to show up the last couple of days. Should be good and hungry for opener next weekend!  :)

Offline Pikeguy38

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:45:54 pm »
Pike actually don't bed, they spawn in the shallow weed and grass. They are typically finished shortly after ice out.

Got it, thanks for the info.  Any word on people pulling decent fish out of the inland lakes? Always seems to be a gamble when I go.  Thanks for the response John.

Offline Wasagabeach

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 06:50:35 pm »
As already stated, pike is closed right now so nobody should be pulling any out!  It opens 3rd Saturday in may.

Offline Jtracc

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 07:21:05 pm »
Pike is still closed on the inland lakes.  I was out for gbay opener and it was extremely tough. I have a few go to lakes in the Parry Sound area that produce 40" fish all the time. I will be there next Saturday  ;D