Author Topic: Parry Sound Harbor and Big Sound  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Elusive-Angler

Parry Sound Harbor and Big Sound
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:37:06 am »
Hey everyone,

Just moved up to North Parry from Peterborough. Haven't been able to get the lines wet and was looking to get into some hard water action up here before the season ends.

Saw a few people fishing out in the main bay as i drove by and Im planning on venturing out this weekend. Looking to target some Lakers, bows and maybe walleye.

Any one have any tips to lake access to the deeper grounds?  will be walking out with the old man and the otter flip up gets pretty heavy lol.

Also if anyone is heading out this weekend and would like to join, the company is welcome.  8)

Thanks!

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline fundseeker

• Fundseeker
Re: Parry Sound Harbor and Big Sound
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:07:08 pm »
Hi from Parry Sound. There is an ice fishing derby this weekend on sat and sunday in the harbour area if you are interested. The cost is only $10 each. usually lots of good prizes available. Prizes for adults and kids. The fishing in the inner harbour where the derby is held isn'y usually as good as in the big sound off the salt dock etc. BEWARE THERE ARE PLACES YOU SHOULD NOT WALK ON THE ICE. I FELL THROUGH WEARING A FLOATER SUIT THIS WEEK! FIRST TIME EVER. ( I'M 64 YRS OLD) I walked out from the new town beach near the coast guard base which I have done many times. I dropped through the ice into 30 ft of water. Scrambled out instantly with the suit buoying me up like a cork . Feet got wet , and some moisture through the zippers. You could try for lakers, rainbow , and pike off the salt dock area near where you see other fisherman AT YOUR OWN RISK. The ice was considerably thicker in this vicinity than over at the beach area 2 days ago. This mild weather won't help and could have changed things. some using stinger hooks on plastic baits have had some luck not jigging too much jst pulling away from fish when it is investigating the lure. pm me if you want an excellent deal on floater suits from a local snowmobile dealer. My fishing buddies have just bought them there after what happened to me.

Offline paolotca

Re: Parry Sound Harbor and Big Sound
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:26:08 am »
Hi All,
New to fishing the area. Bought a camp (cottage) out west of Parry Island.  Trying to learn the area but been having limited luck (that is positive speak for no luck ;D). Any pointers as to what is working out there would be welcomed.

Trying for Kings and Bows. 

Cheers,
P