Author Topic: Launch locations  (Read 5356 times)

Offline Laughin.Loon.Fishin

Launch locations
« on: March 29, 2018, 08:05:55 pm »
I have only fished Penetanguishene Bay a few time and always launched my smaller boat from Beacon.   
I learnt that this bay has a lot of big cruiser traffic and makes it hard to hammer down in my 16ft skiff.

I’m asking for some assistance in locating good launches closer to the Gap or a little more north on the midland peninsula.   It seems like a central launch area for the fishing spots I would like to access.   

I’m interested in free and permit required launches as long as they are user friendly, not overly busy and safe or safer from hooligans. 

If you help me out I thank you in advance i will do what I can when I can to repay your help.

Thanks for reading and tight lines all.  Your help is very much appreciated because I’m a total rookie to the area and can’t wait to learn this fishery. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: Launch locations
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:00:34 am »
Not much closer to the gap. You would have to go all the way around across from Christian Island. You could come out of Village Marine in Honey Harbor but that is a bit of a hike.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 05:23:09 am »
Not much closer to the gap. You would have to go all the way around across from Christian Island. You could come out of Village Marine in Honey Harbor but that is a bit of a hike.
Thanks for the reply.  I took a drive around the other day and your bang on when you say “not much”.  I found a few questionable access that might work for my setup but I for sure would have thought there would have been way more. 
Thanks again for your help

Offline paristrout67

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 04:19:55 pm »
Hi Poikster , have my cottage over on Maclean lake but I would be happy to share info on the penetang area & Hope triangle . We launch at the "jug milk " in Toanche for walleye , salmon , bows & lakers . Its a bit of a run to the hole at beusoliel island but pick your days & a 16 foot boat will do fine . I may do a few early season wally trips over there but generally we wait for the mid august chinook migration to start . Its convenient for bait as well . Tiny minnows is about 100 yards from the launch if you need walleye or smallie bait  .If you need more detail let me know . When I get a few minutes I will do a proper intro for John & the team  . I have done guided trips on the George for freinds & clients since 1994 . Tight lines & good fishin!!!!!

Tom Thompson

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 01:59:49 pm »
Hi Poikster , have my cottage over on Maclean lake but I would be happy to share info on the penetang area & Hope triangle . We launch at the "jug milk " in Toanche for walleye , salmon , bows & lakers . Its a bit of a run to the hole at beusoliel island but pick your days & a 16 foot boat will do fine . I may do a few early season wally trips over there but generally we wait for the mid august chinook migration to start . Its convenient for bait as well . Tiny minnows is about 100 yards from the launch if you need walleye or smallie bait  .If you need more detail let me know . When I get a few minutes I will do a proper intro for John & the team  . I have done guided trips on the George for freinds & clients since 1994 . Tight lines & good fishin!!!!!

Tom Thompson
Thank you very much for sharing that info Tom.    I will for sure check out the Toanche launch.   It at least gets me outta the bay and away from cruisers faster.    I have a rough idea the hole your talking about at beusoliel but have no idea what the hope triangle is.   

I’ve been looking at navionics religiously trying to get my head around learning this area but it’s so overwhelming.  Hahahahaha gotta start somewhere. 
Again thank you for your reply and if you ever see me and my 16ft Navy Tender please come say hello.   Lol so I can follow you to your spots ;). J/k

Offline paristrout67

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 09:49:06 am »
  Poikster - if you have a set of downriggers feel free to meet me at Owen sound after the ice is gone ( hopefully soon !!) . Owen can be a very busy place in the spring  for boat traffic & will teach you to keep your wits LOL!!!  If possible , I also reccomend full floatation suits for obvious reasons  this time of year  . Wiarton & the mouth of the Notty are other locations for early spring fishin if Owen is not producing fish . in any case , Im happy to give you some pointers & hopefully show you that sucess tastes very very good on the cedar plank with a touch of  ' tree sauce " !!!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 11:09:37 am »
  Poikster - if you have a set of downriggers feel free to meet me at Owen sound after the ice is gone ( hopefully soon !!) . Owen can be a very busy place in the spring  for boat traffic & will teach you to keep your wits LOL!!!  If possible , I also reccomend full floatation suits for obvious reasons  this time of year  . Wiarton & the mouth of the Notty are other locations for early spring fishin if Owen is not producing fish . in any case , Im happy to give you some pointers & hopefully show you that sucess tastes very very good on the cedar plank with a touch of  ' tree sauce " !!!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for the invite.  I may just take you up On it.  No better way to learn an area then from a vet or regular.   Tight lines if I don’t make it.
This coming week should do some damage to the ice.     I went out to inspect the other day and between mainland and beausoliel the ice is breaking up and there is a good amount of open water

Offline paristrout67

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 11:03:12 am »
Poikster - If you google up " owen sound webcams " it will give you a good idea about the ice & possible open water opportunities . I think there have already been some die hards out  either rigging or jigging  . I need to get a new bow mount electric put on my boat ( old one has had it after 16 years of abuse )  . We are hoping for a run to Owen on 21st ???? After that my other addiction to wild turkey hunting( opens 25th) makes  for a tough call on chasing them or the salmon !!  If you have questions , lemme know .

Offline Krawler

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 12:07:30 pm »
The launch at Concession 9 or Ossassane/Doe's Bay is shutdown indefinetly.  Huge sandbar was created due to storms.  AC Marina is charging $30 and Cedar Point the same although ive heard rumors that prices could be higher this year.  These are the best access points to the Gap, Georgian Triangle area.

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:04:46 pm »
Poikster - If you google up " owen sound webcams " it will give you a good idea about the ice & possible open water opportunities . I think there have already been some die hards out  either rigging or jigging  . I need to get a new bow mount electric put on my boat ( old one has had it after 16 years of abuse )  . We are hoping for a run to Owen on 21st ???? After that my other addiction to wild turkey hunting( opens 25th) makes  for a tough call on chasing them or the salmon !!  If you have questions , lemme know .
Thank you for the shared info.  I am actually planning a trip out that way the same weekend but was going to look for some rainbows in shallow between Collingwood and Owen sound.   But I’ll for sure Check those web cams out and maybe head to owen sound instead.   
Thanks again and happy hunt.   

Offline paristrout67

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 09:33:00 pm »
For Owen. .. silver fox ( blue n silver crushed ice ) . Or .. hologram rebel stick bait.. keep ur balls off the bottom !!