Author Topic: Trolling Report  (Read 116745 times)

Offline Krawler

Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 02:07:51 pm »
Good to see steady reports coming in.  Nice trolling weather so headed out for a few trips.
Fishing has been good past 2 days. Sunday 1pm headed out deep, 7-10 miles.  found cold water and hungry rainbows. 2/3 in 2 hours.  Bay was glass calm and it was hot, only lasted a few hours in the sun. Decided to go home and head back out for the evening troll and went 0/1.
This morning I stayed on the inside for a few passes. Found 58 surface, nice thermocline down 30, had a knockoff on rigger and a good rip on 4 color lead, lost both.   Lots of bait on the surface!  Switched locations and took a nice 5lb salmon and 8lb Silver rainbow! 
Fish have been around for a few weeks, run you summer programs for salmon and spring programs for rainbow. Small body baits on high lines and spoons (Meegs and Hotfish) down deep, to my surprise salmon have been deeper and way out of temp and I've been trolling a lot quicker this year than i normally would during spring trolling programs. Hope to be back out soon.
Good luck out there. 

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Myles

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 04:08:32 pm »
Sounds like a good day on the water. Definitly a hot weekend i only managed to get out on simcoe for a couple hours as its only a 5 min drive to the launch. Ill be heading back to collingwood this weekend whichever day looks best in the forecast so far it looks like sunday but that changes daily. What depth have you been finding the salmon in? Just got downriggers a few weeks ago and ive been fishing 100 to 130 and only finding lake trout. I tried shallow for a bit and marked some baitfish but no hits.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 10:37:15 pm »
50-100 fow for salmon.

Offline BillM

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 03:26:42 pm »
Nice Krawler!   

Offline Laughin.Loon.Fishin

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 10:36:27 am »
Great reports thanks for sharing everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Krawler

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 07:55:16 pm »
Anyone make it out this weekend?
Couple hours Saturday night 0/2, fish turned on near sunset but couldn't get them to stick. Heard the bite was good in the mid-day sun.
This morning, calm at first light then big SE blow. Couldn't find the fish for the first few hours then screen lit up with steady hooks down 40-60 but couldn't turn them on. Oh well that's fishing. Trolled near Cedar Point.

Offline Myles

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 06:21:28 pm »
Made it out this weekend tried trolling anywhere from 60 fow to 100 but couldn't find any salmon not many marks either. Tried lymans, spoons and spoons with flasher. Went out deep around lunch and got a laker and a few knock offs. On the way home trailers bearing burned up and damaged the axle spindle lucky the wheel didnt fly off. I didn't notice until i was back in the driveway. Will be about a week for my new axle to come in so i wont be able to make it out for a couple weeks. Good luck out there

Offline flyingfinn

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 11:09:37 pm »
I was able to do my first troll of the area on thursday evening...steady northeast breeze so I decided to work the inside by the lighthouse thinking that maybe some bait would be pushed into there...found some bait alright and there were lakers to be had too...and sea fleas- already?! Popped out from the inside and did a decent run down the west side of Christian zig zagging from 40 to 130'...marked a bunch in shallower depths but didn't move a rod for the rest of the evening. Was beautiful though!

Offline Krawler

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 12:18:28 am »
No shortage of bait this year. Most fish caught have been full of smelt.  And yes I have noticed some fleas as of late as well.
Late report but managed a good weekend last weekend. 4/4 Saturday pm and 3/3 Sunday am, all salmon.  The 3 on Sunday were all over 10lbs biggest was 13 and change.  Meegs pink panties did most of the damage.
No fishing this weekend, competing in the Pen Derby in Port Credit. Good luck to anyone getting out this weekend. 

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2018, 10:18:15 am »
I haven't been out since the June 8th weekend, but even then we were picking up fleas on the lines.  Earliest I have seen that.  Not much luck that weekend.  One laker of 4lbs.  Was full of smelt too though.  And the smelt were nice fat ones too LOL. 

Offline Myles

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 04:17:19 pm »
Finally got the trailer all fixed up and ready to go. Planning on going out from collingwood friday morning. Has anyone had luck with salmon in that area recently? Ill let you know how it goes. Looks like it will be a hot one out there this weekend.

Offline Steve72george

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 04:58:27 pm »
I've been doing really well with Lakers in Collingwood over the last few weeks it's not far off of Lafferty's Shoal been talking to a few people that have been out and they're starting to hit some salmon a lot more consistently and there's been a few nice rainbows come in to

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline Steve72george

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 04:59:54 pm »
Kind of off topic but my VHF was down last year and I can't remember the channels does anyone happen to know what the prominent channels are for Collingwood Meaford Thornbury and up to Christian the people are running on VHF

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline Wilbur007

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 07:59:06 pm »
Channel 71.

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 09:09:17 pm »
Can someone tell
Me where to buy some meets spoons ?