Author Topic: AC Marina Derby Update??  (Read 2908 times)

Offline Grandpa Jim

AC Marina Derby Update??
« on: August 12, 2017, 08:45:44 pm »
Any info from those who participated in to-day's tourney??
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Meegs

Re: AC Marina Derby Update??
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 08:08:55 am »
Fishmaster ended up winning it with a 15lbs salmon, we were 2nd with a 14lbs and 11lbs took 3rd.  7lbs took the biggest rainbow.  The 4 to 5 foot whitecaps made for a slow start and a bumpy day of fishing all around. Was able to find some shelter behind the islands for abit but that wind sure wanted to howl at us!  Was fun times regardless.  Be nice if it were 6 till 3 instead of 7 to 4 but the dinner afterwards was excellent and was a very fun day!

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 08:28:00 am »
Thanks James. Congrats to all who made the best of a breezy day!
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline nauti-too

• Fishing...its a way of life...
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 03:58:07 pm »
Yes was another lumpy day for the annual derby. Starting to become the norm. We also hid from the wind on the Lea side of islands and only managed one small salmon. Couple others came unbuttoned but that's fishing. The guys that did tough it out in the rough stuff where rewarded for their efforts i think. Nice to see a rainbow show up. Not many of them this year for sure. Weather has not been cooperating for me this year as too many weekends have been a write off. Kudos to the crew at marina for putting this on again ( Steve and Joe) and also they guy that gave us a break this year from fish cleaning. Thanks Curtis.
Best fishing is yet to come i hope.
Cheers... Jake

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk