Author Topic: AC Marina Status  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
AC Marina Status
« on: September 28, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »
I know I have asked before, but how are things at AC these days?  I believe the credit union still owns them.  Last fall I went by and talked to Steve about coming over rather than staying in Hindson.  He said that the credit union was putting some money in to improve things a bit and install some new slips and take out the one derelict dock and put finger slips in for larger boats.  That was last fall, but I decided to stay at Hindson for 2017 since I didn't want to risk it, and Hindson has a wait list for larger slips so I did not have a plan B.

I went over to AC a couple of times this summer to look around, and I didn't see much changed other than maybe some new decking on some docks.  I didn't talk to anyone there, just looked around.  But based on what I see, not much changed, so paid the deposit over at Hindson for 2018.  I would love to come over to AC and spend my copious fuel spend there and be closer to the better mid summer fish, but not just yet.  What is the good word on the timing of improvements that you guys that are there have heard?

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline nauti-too

• Fishing...its a way of life...
Re: AC Marina Status
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:44:01 pm »
Not much has changed since last year. A few minor improvements as you have seen to some docks and the washrooms have been up-graded. I was hoping for the new finger docks as well, as one of them had my name on it. Dock wall is crumbling in front of my boat. Still optimistic that the current owners do repair/improve some of the docks but who knows what they have in mind.  The "for sale" sign at the entrance was gone last week. Not sure reason why. Maybe different listing agent.
Hoping that the weather allows a couple more trips before haul out. 8)
Cheers...Jake