Author Topic: Georgian Triangle Derby 2020 - UPDATE  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Krawler

Georgian Triangle Derby 2020 - UPDATE
« on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:10 pm »
Hello everyone ...  Hope everyone is enjoying the relatively mild winter.  I know I'm already thinking about and gearing up for open water season.  I've received a number of messages in the past few months from anglers inquiring about the derby I put on last summer and if their will be a 2020 tournament.  I guess some people are trying to organize summer holidays.

Yes, I will be organizing another tournament with similar rules and prize structure.

Right now the dates are set for Jul 25 with a weather delay for July 26.  A worst case scenario is the tournament be postponed another week in the event of very poor weather but I don't want to interrupt anyone's plans for the long weekend.

Entry fee: $50 per angler

Time: 5am - 3pm

Prizes:
Heaviest Salmon 50%
2nd Salmon 30%
3rd Prize

Heaviest lake Trout 20%
2nd Prize
3rd Prize

I am currently working on prizes and trophies, already have a few tackle packages donated by local companies.

In addition we will have a raffle prize.  All money raised will go towards local Georgian bay conservation initiatives.

Stay tuned for details

If anyone has any questions or would like to donate a prize please post or send me a pm

See you on the water (soon)

Kris
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 08:52:47 pm by Krawler »

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline nauti-too

• Fishing...its a way of life...
Re: Georgian Triangle Derby 2020 - Dates and Details
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 06:38:36 pm »
Great news Kris. :clap:
You can count on MacDonald Surveying for prize again this year. Can't wait. 8)
Cheers..Jake

Offline Krawler

Re: Georgian Triangle Derby 2020 - UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 08:56:08 pm »
Just a small update and slight change to the prize structure.

Date: July 25 with a weather delay date July 26
Fee: $50 per angler
Start time 5:00 am anywhere on GBay, weight in is 4pm sharp at Little Sand Bay on Christian island.
Prizes: 50% + Prize Cash payout for Heaviest Salmon
20% + Prize 2nd place Salmon
30% + Prize Heaviest trout
Tackle prizes for runners up.

In addition, we will be having Raffle prizes, all money raised will go towards a Conservation group (to be determined) that directly impacts our Georgian Bay fishery.

I've been working on getting tackle donations and other prizes for the raffle here is a list of donations thus far:

Meegs tackle prize
Valley Tackle prize
Two 15lb Titan Downrigger weights
Each winner will receive Shorty's Spice seasoning
Speedy Glass in Midland will be donating a 2 Window Auto Tint
Rise Outdoor Apparel prize package
MacDonald Surveying tackle prize
Torpedo Fishing Products prize package
$500 gift card!! to Cabelas from Gignac Auto Service in Penetang
Tickets will be 1 for $5, 3 for $10, 7 for $20 purchased in advance or at the weigh-in.

Please support these amazing businesses as they donate these prizes in support of our fishery and fishing community.

If anyone wants to contribute additional prizes please send me a pm

Tickets for the event and raffle can be purchased online via e-transfer
georgiantrianglederby@gmail.com

Also, working on another BIG event on the Bay, details have not been finalized but hopefully it works out and will post soon.

I also have a FB page dedicated to the event. look up Georgian Triangle Salmon and Trout Derby to join

Any questions pm or post

Thank You

Kris

Offline Nutbar

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 08:59:18 am »
Any shore fishing in the sound.
Aka ainsley area
?
Will be getting tickets but may not be there due to work issues
H ???

Offline Krawler

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 06:59:52 pm »
Hello Anglers!  I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these times.
I know many of you are frustrated by the closures of ramps and marinas which for some means a postponement of your boating and fishing seasons.  This just means when we finally are given the green light those moments on the water will be that much more special. 
Today the Great Ontario Salmon Derby cancelled the event for the summer.  Very unfortunate but understandable.  I feel because we are a much smaller event and time is still on our side, we don’t have to cancel anything just yet. We are still over 3 months away from our Georgian Triangle Salmon and Trout Derby, a lot can happen in that time.
So as of now we are still on for July 25, if anything changes I will let everyone know.  I hope to make the final decision around 2 weeks prior to the derby.

Stay safe.

Kris