Author Topic: Any Snowmobilers ?  (Read 3864 times)

Offline Afraz

Any Snowmobilers ?
« on: August 27, 2015, 08:22:07 pm »
Hey Guys,

I've never owned a snow machine and have no clue what to look for or ask about, but i am currently looking at 2 of the following, something entry level to use and abuse and learn on.

Any advice as to who i could ask about these things ? or where i could possibly post would be much appreciated.

2005 arctic cat t660 turbo st - 4 stroke with 17,000 KM

or

2006 yamaha rs90n nytro - 4 stroke also with 17,000 KM

I want an all rounder if there ever was such a thing, something that did it all between the two posted, without going crazy.

I'll be travelling in heavy snow, and on groomed trails not sliding down the side of a mountain or doing back-flips in one.

I want reliability and comfort

Thanks Guys

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Searcher

Re: Any Snowmobilers ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:49:53 pm »
There are many things to consider...will you have any passengers? Was the sled properly maintained...very important. Sled weight...Can I lift it if it gets stuck. Short track or long track...2 stroke or heavier 4 stroke. Best bet would be to demo a sled, or take a turn on a friend's, or neighbours sled.

Offline me

Re: Any Snowmobilers ?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 08:00:34 pm »
I'd say no to both these. You need to tell us more info but you really need to post on the site 'Ontario Conditions'  snowmobiles. Many members from your area for advice and to hook up with this winter. Go to the Snowmobile Snowmobile show at the end of October at the Toronto International Center.

PS Wear a floater suit.
 That's just me.