Author Topic: Introduce Your Self  (Read 34131 times)

Offline cdn1972

Re: Introduce Your Self
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 05:16:20 pm »
Welcome cdn1972
Sound like you have some ambitious plans for your new boat but it should be worth in the end. One thing about fixing up an old boat is you know exactly what you have when your finished.

Good luck and good fishing.
yes this will be my 3rd boat fixing up over the years. It is the largest too. I am really looking forward to next season. Putting a floor in is no big deal for me.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline joshy56

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 10:49:53 am »
Greetings everyone! My name is Josh, from KW. Weekend angler and ice fishing fanatic here! Spend quite a bit of time on the Simcoe board, but John was kind enough to point me to this site as I was in the search of some ice conditions, so thanks again John! These sites have become a staple in my daily routines based solely on the fact that there is so many great posts to read, and such good fishing reports! I look forward to reading many more and contributing to them as well. Cheers everyone!

Offline Chris

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 01:26:07 pm »
Hello All,

New to the Georgian Bay area and looking forward to exploring it. Hopefully good pike fishing or success I should say!

Great forum John!

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 04:30:46 pm »
Welcome Chris
There is some great pike fishing and every year I spend a good amount of my spring fishing them.

Offline Divers Nook

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 03:25:07 pm »
Hi I'm Tony, from the bait and tackle store in Parry Sound. The season has begun I will try to let everyone know how the fishing is from time to time. Seems opening was cooler than normal, walleye and pike both being caught this weekend by the usual methods. Tony!

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 03:27:46 pm »
Thanks Tony and welcome to the board and as a new sponsor :clap:

Looking forward to your reports

Offline cheezypoof

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 08:59:14 am »
Hi folks - new to the board, weekender (sometimes a 'weeker'), our place is on the Bruce near Dyers Bay. Anyone else here fishing G-bay waters around here?

Been trolling up here since around '04 with a lot of ups and downs, but we are seeing a mostly positive trend over the past 2-3. Last year was our best ever, boating a lot of bigger & healthier kings, lakers and steelhead than we've seen before.

Looking forward to sharing and learning here and perhaps we'll see you out there.

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »
Welcome
We have several members from the area. It's great to have some local expertise and fresh information. Looking forward to your reports.

Offline kpm2k

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 11:21:24 am »
Hey All,

I'm Ken .. 38 .. been fishing in the Sturgeon Bay/Port Severn area for about 26 years now, a weekender.. Mostly chasing Walleye, but enjoy just catching whatever I end up with while drifting and casting/reeling.  It's just nice to be out on the water.  I have a small 14' aluminum boat .. hopefully get something bigger next spring.  

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »
Hey All,

I'm Ken .. 38 .. been fishing in the Sturgeon Bay/Port Severn area for about 26 years now, a weekender.. Mostly chasing Walleye, but enjoy just catching whatever I end up with while drifting and casting/reeling.  It's just nice to be out on the water.  I have a small 14' aluminum boat .. hopefully get something bigger next spring.  

Welcome to our board. Nice to have more local experience and looking forward to your reports

Offline Fishin fan

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 09:34:31 pm »
Hi all. I'm from Tiny, just outside midland. Mainly a hardwater guy buy get out all seasons. I mainly target lakers and whities but I get out for panfish and pike on occasion. Some time in on simcoe, shanty bay and cooks. I have some northern lakes as well. Still getting the lay of the land around midland and penetang. Lurked a long time and thought I should join.

Regards, ff.
Regards, ff.

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 05:44:04 am »
Welcome Fishin Fan
Looking forward to hearing how your season is going. I'll be spending more time out in the laker waters as well.

Offline Metis Elder

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2015, 10:53:15 am »
Greeting to all I'm Ken better known as Two Dogs father of Choya (therealthing) and grand father to the Bird. Hope to see and meet you out on the hard water Ken

Offline FastEddie659

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:14 am »
Hey everyone,

I am a new cottager up in Big Bay near Colpoy's Bay. Been coming up for about 6 years to a friends, and wouldn't you know it, their neighbours wanted to sell last fall when we were up there vacationing. Now here I am!
Got a nice 17' Boston Whaler with Scotty Electric downrigger and love the fishing. Spring was great for Lakers but still have not found any salmon my neck of the woods.
Doesn't look like many guys are from my end of the bay, but I will keep reading.

Weekend is coming so looking forward to getting back on the water!

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 10:01:31 am »
Welcome to God's Country FastEddie. Look forward to your posts and hope you find the Salmon !!!

Stay safe and tight lines,

Kevin