Author Topic: Trolling Report  (Read 12192 times)

Offline SuperH

Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 05:14:38 pm »
Krawler and others, just reporting back on the results this week.  Went out to the Hole Monday pm 2-4pm and marked lots of fish mainly in the 70-80ft range, but no hits.  Same for Tuesday & Wednesday early morning for 2 - 3 hours each day.  Again same thing, lots of marks, and despite throwing every thing I had in the box and altering depth, and leads from 40 ft. to 100 ft and speeds, nada!  Saw one other lonely boat trying both days and didn't see any action.  But then a day on the water is always better than anywhere else.  Beautiful weather (a bit cool) but enjoying the fall.  One more try next week then the boat goes into hiding till Spring. 

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2021, 11:46:00 am »
Thanks for the update. Things have been very slow for quite some time but this is typical of what happens at this point in the season in regards to the "HOLE". I've had two decent salmon in two recent outings. One outing was very brief as we were on our way north for a few days of cruising and just got very lucky as we hadn't yet got the second line in the water. The other fish came on a full evening outing on my son's boat. We were just about to call it quits when the port rod buried its' tip. Both were still bright silver, showing little evidence of having been in the staging process. Both fish hit spoons.
We came south through the hole last night (Saturday) around 6:30 on our way back to the marina and saw only a few boats working the south section in what was likely 120 fow. We had done some kayaking for the previous few days but hadn't done any fishing.
Excitement for me has been limited to having a very large, glossy coated Black Bear show interest in either me or my kayak for a good kilometre and a half along the shoreline of Bone Island. He was definitely not the least bit nervous about human presence being in close proximity. I know bears are very much at home in the water so I maintained a fair distance from the shoreline. Thankfully the bear was content to play hide and seek all the way from first sighting back to our anchored boat. My first mate quickly stowed away our boarding ladder in case the bear proved to be overly friendly. The bear stayed on shore for a while watching the boat then disappeared into the bush.

"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline Pugliepm

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2023, 07:55:47 pm »
Has anyone been out of Collingwood or Wasaga since the GTAA trout derby.  Never done the transition fishing and was hoping to get some starting points to work from.  Thanks in advance

Offline Krawler

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2023, 02:27:54 pm »
Tough time of year.  Get out there and troll.  Fish are in transition and can be found in all parts of the water column.  ive heard of good reports of fish coming higher in the water column, guys using planer boards.  top 20 ft of the water column, body baits but also near bottom.  80-150fow. If you know the area you fish and can play the winds it can be beneficial to concentrate on certain shorelines.  winds will push fish and bait out of deep water and against shorelines and drop offs.  Concentrate on those shorelines a day or 2 after a big wind or sustained wind. 

Offline Pugliepm

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2023, 06:53:06 pm »
Thanks!  Heading out tomorrow so hopefully we bump into something.  Had some surface luck last week on body baits so we will start
From there. See you out there