Author Topic: Pointe Au Baril Fishing Status  (Read 9763 times)

Offline Water Wolf

Pointe Au Baril Fishing Status
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »
Does anyone know how the fishing is around P of B Station or the  River for Walleye? If you are catching what are they dining on? I'm heading up Wed and will be staying at Kenlea Cottages. Also interested in Pike and Muskie reports if anyone has any. Thanks
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:43:56 am by John »

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

RobM

Re: Pointe Au Baril Fishing Status
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:53:51 pm »
Was a very slow walleye bite. We caught 10 eye mostly under 14" 1 slotter. Smallies were active and fun. Not too many boats catching any fish up there.

Offline Water Wolf

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:03:49 pm »
Thanks Rob how are the water levels? Your post about two weeks ago with the Walleye is that picture taken on the river?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:44:40 am by John »

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 07:45:45 am »
Please do not use named locations on the board.

Offline Smiath

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:42:25 am »
I am heading up that way myself on Saturday. We are going to a buddy's cottage and he tells me the fish are starting to come in now....he is there right now so hopefully he has good news for me when I get to work tomorrow!

Offline Water Wolf

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 07:28:38 pm »
Good luck I will be in a Blue and Silver Javellin, might see you on Sat? Hopefully the fish co-operate

Offline Smiath

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 08:07:05 pm »
I will keep an eye out! We should be out in the morn then back in the afternoon...if you see a black Lund slide on over!

Offline Smiath

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 08:44:53 am »
Just heard back from my buddy and he said he only caught 4 fish all weekend and he really had to work for them. I know the fish are not always in the spot we fish but when they are there they are on fire!!! Hopefully with another few days before we head up more fish make it in from the bay.

RobM

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 07:18:47 pm »
Water levels are hurting up there just like down here but still plenty to launch. There are new obstacles to watch out for this year. I watched one boat hit. Kept telling people to go on the other side but they all know best.

Offline Smiath

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »
I have never used my boat in the area just because we take my buddies boat from the cottage. We are launching three boats from a private launch near his cottage so I hope all is good there! And when we are on the moving to the fishing grounds I will be following him! And as for hitting rocks..I have learned my lesson and I try to be as cautious as possible anywhere I go! Are you still heading up with all the rain in the forecast? We might need rain gear over the floater suits haha

Offline Water Wolf

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:03 pm »
According to the Weather Network rain almost 100% over the next few days. Great for the lakes and rivers going to make fishing a little nasty. Oh well better than a good day at work. Looks like we will need to search for the fish, sounds like the tributaries are still a week or two away?
Good luck, I will be on the look out for your Lund 8)

Offline Water Wolf

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 09:25:37 am »
Back from God's Country the Walleye are coming in now! The next few weeks will be fantastic, I will be putting some pictures in soon when I figure it out. My 13 year old son caught a tank on Friday. Loads of slot fish in the 17-20" came in my boat. Good luck boys

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 05:32:59 pm »
I hope to get up after the Simcoe Open

RobM

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 06:44:15 pm »
Taking advantage of the break in the weather tomorrow and going to PaB to get some walleyes and hopefully a big pike.

Offline Water Wolf

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »
Hello

The fish are coming in. My son and I had a blast up the river. These were caught on Friday his Walleye is 9lbs 2oz and my Pike was 15lbs 1oz. Both fish were caught on jigs and worms.
Can't wait to return it's show time