Author Topic: 19th Annual Boyz Weekend  (Read 6505 times)

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

19th Annual Boyz Weekend
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:43:38 pm »
Wow, I can't believe it is 19 years already. Each year I have a crew from work come up to my property for a long weekend and vie for 3 trophies. Event #1 Bocci Event #2 Horseshoe's and the third and most coveted is to get your name on the big fish trophy. The trophies are actually pretty impressive with each winner (s) year and name (and fish weight and species) updated for every year. Thursday is the fire and beer night catching up as I have 4 retiree's that still make it up and 10 active from my crew. Friday am is out for breakfast at the Waub truck stop then load up on ice and start the Bocci and horseshoe tourneys. We do a kick ass dinner each year, this Friday is Sirloin roast BBQ'd with veggies,baked potato's and fresh local corn. Saturday is sun up till sun down fishing, come and go as you please to eat or rest with no time pressure !!!! Then Palace Pizza Saturday night.....usually the only time most of the crew get out fishing or able to do the land games each year. I hope mother nature will cooperate !!!! This year I am spoiling myself and have booked the following week off so I can stay up and do as I please when I please....god bless :-)

Hoping for good weather !!!

Kevin (but I am sure I will be FUZZY this weekend !!!)

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: 19th Annual Boyz Weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:23:20 am »
Hope you have a great weekend Fuzzy :clap: I expect a few brain cells will be missing when its over.

Offline James

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 08:05:59 am »
SOUNDS AWESOME KEVIN ENJOY !!

Offline TundraRoy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 08:40:09 am »
Have a beer or five for me buddy. Maybe we can get out after the "fog" lifts later in the week? Haha

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 10:05:40 am »
Have a beer or five for me buddy. Maybe we can get out after the "fog" lifts later in the week? Haha

I don't think that fog will be lifting that soon ;D

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »
Friday the meal rocked, Montego Bay jerk sauce shrimp on the BBQ with T-bone steak, bakers with a mixed veggie medely that rocked and fresh local corn over the fire.....brilliant meal !!!! My partner and I won the Bocci, lost in the quarters in Shoe's and Saturday rained for 13 hrs and the fishing was a scrub to be re-scheduled in Sept !!!! What a crap week to be off in Mid August....heater on twice at 8 and 9 degree's on two nights !!!! Nasty rain Saturday was Mother Natures way of saying....yes I am a Board member and do read posts......so never put dates folks......sure way to kill a good fishing tourney LOL

Cheers,

Fuzzy
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:37:59 am by Fuzzy Old Worm »

Offline bonez26

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »
Sounds amazing Fuzzy and the food you describe is making my mouth water lol

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 07:44:05 am »
Ya, it was a pretty rocking feast, melted a few guys early at the fire LOL just try staying awake at a fire with a full belly of good eats LOL  We have picked Sept 20th as our make up date and are down to 6 guys, so everyone's odds went up on getting their name on the hardware for 2014. I am heading up this Friday Sept 12th to fish for the day. Just a bit of pre-fishing in prep !!!!!! Hoping some of the Fall feed bags will be on !!!!

Kevin 

Offline The Kayaker

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 11:03:51 pm »
Good luck Kevin!
Hope your scouting trip is worth it, and that it pays off in more food for the frying pan.

Jon

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 11:47:56 am »
Fuzzy
I blame you for all the rain last week. Every time you plan one of these gatherings all hell breaks loose and no body else can fish ;D

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 09:45:46 am »
The forecast looks much better this time LOL Roy and I fished our butts off last Friday, marked tons but only managed one pike. The coldfront and pressure really did a number on them, gave them lock jaw !!! Roy was a true champion, stayed positive, tried lots of area's and varied techniques but all in vain !!!
The hi-lite of our day was the Coldcut Subs and the cookies LOL As always, a good effort with great company and so much varied wind and clouds, we must have had our jackets on and off 15-20 times !!!!

Thanks again Roy, will let you know how this weekend goes !!!!!

Fuzzy 

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 08:00:52 am »
What a weekend weather wise. So glad we all had rain gear as it was needed !!! We hit the water Saturday at 8:30 am and went all over trying to find some active fish !!! We couldn't buy a Walleye so focused on Smallies and Pike. Quite a few boats out but not much action until I hit this beauty. I let her back to breed another year !!  We ended up getting a few small pike, some perch and lost a nice Largemouth at the boat. A good, wet time had by the crew and my maiden voyage with my 14ft Alum springbok with my 25 Yamaha was mint, ran well with 4 guys and handled the chop pretty good !!!!

I hope John can post my Trophy winner !!!! Heading back out this Thursday for another round of Fall fishing :-)

Hey Roy......what is with finding the BIG Smallies the last 2 years.......yours last year and now this big girl , I might be on to something ?????

Fuzzy
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 09:56:45 am by John »

Offline TundraRoy

19th Annual Boyz Weekend
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 09:15:05 am »
Keep up the good work buddy. The Eyes will show up one of these days!
 Even though the fish were being snobby the last time we were out it was still a blast! You schooled me again! Haha.
 Nice Bass bud!

Offline The Kayaker

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »
Wow Kevin!
Beautiful fish you have there.

That rain sure was a killer. I was out with some family goose hunting and we had a good day despite the downpour.

Congrats on the tank.
Glad to hear your new to you Springbok works nicely also.

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 08:28:32 pm »
Thanks Jon. We got rain on and off until about 4 pm but we watched one wall of water come across the Bay like a train until it was on us, very cool to watch and get hit LOL Sure ended up a great day considering the one fish was such a nice one !!!! I am out again Thursday, now I remember why I save my vacation for the fall !!!

Kevin