Author Topic: Introduce Your Self  (Read 34122 times)

Offline Fenelonfishguy

Re: Introduce Your Self
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 10:20:46 pm »
Hi all.  My name is Mark.  I'm an avid year round fisherman.  I live in the Kawarthas and do most of my summer fishing close to home, and winter fishing on Simcoe.

I just love the Parry Sound lake trout fishery!  But I have yet to experience it in winter.  Hoping to give it a try through the ice this year.  I didn't know this forum existed until I started looking for info on ice fishing that area. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Westarm

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2019, 11:44:34 am »
Hi.... retired and downsized from the north (West Arm of Lake Nipissing) to Penetanguishene.  Have followed the board for a while and figured its time to register and add a post once in a while.  Spend the winters in Florida now so its soft water only.  Tight lines.....

Offline Mrbeee

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2019, 01:01:04 pm »
Welcome aboard. Not a lot of people here but they are good fishermen

Offline johnny99

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2019, 06:26:39 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the board and love fishing

Offline Bud Wiser

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2020, 04:55:35 pm »
Hello all,
Just signed up to the forum as I have a little more time to myself being recently retired.
I live on Colpoys Bay near Wiarton and will be spending more time now trying to hunt down the fish which are between here and Owen Sound.
The fishing is slow to say the least. With the MNRF's strategy to only stock Lake Trout in FMZ 14
I think it's a mistake as does a contract biologis i spoke with but if that's all they are going to stock
they need to keep stocking. I can't find any stocking records for 2019 but do no they stocked in 2018
as I saw them. I plan to have our local MPP Bill Walker get some answers for me.
I was among 12 boats downrigging in Colpoys last week on one evening and never saw a single release. Pathetic to say the least. Good thing for the local clubs like BPSA and their stocking efforts for rainbow.
At least when they used to stock Splake it was a put and take fishery that got tourism going.

Anyway sorry for my first post coming off like a rant!

Bud

Offline Wilbur007

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 05:58:40 pm »
Bud:  Try this site.  You get very detailed information on stocking for all of The Great Lakes, and the variety of fish types being stocked.  It also includes the GPS location of each stocking drop locations.  Some great information.

http://www.glfc.org/fishstocking/exactsearch.htm

Offline Bud Wiser

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 06:47:29 pm »
Thanks for that Wilbur007 ,

Looks like a great site. No data for 2019 (shows up as an error)   2018 looks good.
I don't think anyone has updated the site from where it is propagated from.

I saw the stocking of Lake Trout take place every year for the last 10 years.
Typically the trucks would back down Big Bay government dock and then Load the Georgian Bay Explorer for release.
Never happened last year and my job saw me at Big Bay every day last year.
Hopefully someone can clarify this from the ministry.
Re-stocking is very important and has been taking place for many years.
I will follow up with the Upper Great Lakes Management Unit in Owen Sound and get back to this post.
 Bud

Offline Mars

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2020, 11:52:37 am »
Hi all!

My name is Paddy. I moved to Collingwood two years ago. Completely new to downrigging, and fairly new to boating (always the guest, never the captain). I want to take advantage of the great freshwater boating here so I've just bought a 21ft Striper Centre Console with some Big Jons. I'm still searching around for some good quality rods, reels, rigging and lures to complete the initial setup. I know the season is probably running away from me this year but looking forward to get out on the bay and get some lures down for salmon!

I'm from Australia, fishing experience has been freshwater canoe and bottom fishing out on the great barrier reef. Hoping to get to know a few of the folks out on the water and learn some tips and tricks!

Offline longfish

Newbie Kayaker
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2021, 11:53:42 pm »
Hey it took me a while to get on here but finally made it, thanks for the add. My name is Arnie and have fished since I was 2 years old in Holland. My dad taught me to love this sport and am grateful that he did. I am now 72 so thats 70 years of fishing. I fish from North Bay as far south as Florida, fishing everything from Perch to Shark. I fish soft and hard water.

Soft water is mostly from Waubaushene where I have a trailer and a tinny....sold my Doral. This coming year I hope to do some Kayak fishing in Lake O, for salmon, so I will be hanging out in that section of spoon pullers. Kayaking is new to me and through the winter I will be rigging my Kayak for salmon and ready for Lake O in the Spring. Weekends after May I can be found fishing Pike, Bass....mostly Smallies, Pickerel, Muskie, and Salmon in Georgian Bay.

The last two years have taken some charters on Lake O and now hooked on the beasty Salmon....Thanks to Jim and Captain Ryan.

Hard water I fish mostly Simcoe in a variety of locations as well as Nipissing, Lake St, John, Lake St. Joseph, Gull Lake and Georgian Bay.

I use my 14 foot Smokercraft and recently purchased a Kayak, a Hobie Pro Angler 14 ft, rigging it for salmon.... I have the tracks in place as well as two rod holders and have also mounted my Humminbird Helix ten with down and side imaging, on the right side. The left side I made a plate to mount the Scotty 1060 manual downrigger to. I will run a Dipsy off the right side.For power I have 2 100AH LiFePo4 Lithium batteries, which will go behind the seat. Yes that is a lot of hydro but the plan is to power it with a 55 or 80 thrust Minnkota Interra.....the Interra because it has auto deploy and store. It will also have I=pilot and link to work in conjunction with my Hummingbird. I hope to talk to a Minnkota rep to see if I can possibly get it as a Riptide Salt water model as I do fish in Florida and plan to also use it there. I am also hoping to add a Fish hHawk X4D.

Retired from Ford Oakville and run a small business....I have it down to 3 days of work and 4 days of fishing......Born to work.....retired to fish.

A pleasure to be with you everyone and look forward to sharing info and meeting some of you as well.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 01:49:34 am by longfish »
Born to work.......retired to fish.

Offline Mrbeee

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2021, 12:44:41 pm »
Nice introduction, welcome aboard

Offline longfish

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2021, 12:12:03 am »
Nice introduction, welcome aboard

Thank you Mrbeee

Hey I finally got the trolling motor narrowed down. Purchased a Interra 45 inch shaft with 80# thrust, auto deploy/stow, I-pilot and link to my Helix 10 Hummingbird, Motor has built in Transducer with down and side imaging, spot lock and it will navigate on it's own following a track on the GPS or follow a direction or contour.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 02:12:39 pm by longfish »
Born to work.......retired to fish.