Author Topic: 2ND ANNUAL "RAY-DAYZ" SALMON AND RAINBOW DERBY.... AUGUST 21-22, 2015 .  (Read 7257 times)

Offline shrek

2ND ANNUAL "RAY-DAYZ" SALMON AND RAINBOW DERBY..... FRIDAY AUGUST 21ST 12 NOON TILL SATURDAY AUGUST 22 TILL 2 PM CHRISTIAN ISLAND GEORGIAN BAY...GREAT PRIZES AND FISH FRY TO FOLLOW... CAMPING AND MOORING AVAILABLE CLOSE BY... $50 PER PERSON... FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TICKET PURCHASES CALL RAY PARKS (705)529-6250... BEST TIMES TO FISH FRI EVE AND SAT AM.... GOOD LUCK

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Fox Fishing 4K (Youtube)

• Sub to our YOUTUBE channel.
    • Fox Fishing Youtube Channel
Re: 2ND ANNUAL "RAY-DAYZ" SALMON AND RAINBOW DERBY.... AUGUST 21-22, 2015 .
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 08:12:47 pm »
Count me In. Last year was great!!!
Check out our YOUTUBE channel. FOX FISHING 4K! Features summer and winter fishing for Crappie, Whitefish, Lakers, Walleye and more. Fishing many local waters such as Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:05:27 pm »
I'm in too, last year was a good time!
Get in on this guys.
Can fish be weighed in on Friday?  Can't remember the rules.

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:53:24 pm »
Can someone post the details. I am on vacation next week and might join in. Would be good to meet and put faces to names and meet some people in the area.

Offline shrek

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 10:24:52 pm »
yes "krawler" fish can be weighed in fri pm .... no problem .... will let u know were and when Friday.... thanx for the inquiry.... should be good .....

Offline nauti-too

• Fishing...its a way of life...
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 07:54:52 am »
Mark, we have a cottage rented by Portage island that weekend...family thing...might sneak away early Saturday and come fish with you guys. I have Rays number...will let you know.
Cheers...Jake

Offline shrek

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 10:02:09 am »
Yes ... in reply to Canuck ...more details .... tickets can be purchased anytime .... shop is located in Lafontaine on the #80 east 16th conc  call for directions... 705-533-2867 .... tickets also avail Friday august 21 near little sand beach .... contact Ray 705-529-6250 ... or Mark 705-529-6470 .... will be weighing in fish till approx. 10 pm Friday... and then sat by 2pm.... fish fry and awards soon after...looks like good weather ... come on out

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 10:15:36 pm »
Entering a Fish today at Rays place. 12.9lbs.
Check out our YOUTUBE channel. FOX FISHING 4K! Features summer and winter fishing for Crappie, Whitefish, Lakers, Walleye and more. Fishing many local waters such as Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe.

Offline Wasagabeach

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:04:33 pm »
How was the derby?  I'm curious about the numbers of fish entered and size.   It was a great day yesterday.

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 05:38:08 pm »
We got first place with the 12.9 salmon in the picture. I was fishing with Dan. Last I heard Vern was leading with a 6lb+ rainbow.  I wasn't able to stay for the weigh in due to my wife organizing a family bbq the same day. We caught 2 salmon on the Friday and 0 fish Saturday.  I think Saturday the weather was too nice but it was our first time this year getting skunked.

I will say this, if you like fishing salmon or rainbow next year join RAY fishing tournament. It's an amazing time and all the guys are great people. I look forward to it all year. I told the wife next year don't book anything in the middle of August :) Maybe canuck or shrek can say how many salmon where entered.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 10:14:15 pm »
I fished it too. I came 2nd with a 9.6lb salmon caught in the last 15 min.
Friday was a tough troll bc of the winds and big waves and Saturday morning was a bit bumpy too.
I went 1/6 on Saturday all on anchovies, fish were either in 75/95 or 85/160.  Most of my action was in deeper water in the mid day sun. For some reason the fish just wouldn't hang on.  Lost one at at the boat that may have rivalled your 12.9 but the line snapped!!
Bows were caught on Friday.  Andguys caught some salmon on Saturday but nothing big. There was a 9.2 and a few in the 8lb range.
Not a lot of fish caught due to Fridays weather. 
Great little tourney with good food and lots of draw prizes as well.  Ray and Shrek put on a good show. Look forward to next year.

Offline Wasagabeach

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 10:39:34 pm »
Congrats on the big fish.  I'll keep an eye on this board for next years tourney.  Hey Krawler, that big fish at the side of the boat sounds like a fish story to me. Lol. 

Offline Krawler

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 10:24:34 am »
Hahaha all truth!  But I guess we'll never know the true size.  Stupid habit of mine is to run same leaders over and over without checking for kinks.

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2015, 01:44:24 pm »
I tried deep Saturday.  I was marking fish coming up from 140 up to 100 looking at my bait and diving right back down. They had lock jaw for me on Saturday. Even tried gunning the boat when they would come after it but no luck. Just a knock off. As for the Friday was the first time I thought I might get sea sick on georgian bay. Had to take waves on an angle so they wouldn't go over my bow. Wish I didn't miss RAYZ afterwards. Last year was a blast!! Will definetly be there again next year if these guys put it on again. I think we have Smiath from this messaged board talked into going next year too :)