Author Topic: 08.31 Salmon  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Grandpa Jim

08.31 Salmon
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:40:06 pm »
Enjoyed a few hours trolling with my eldest son and his buddy this evening. The outing started with us towing a disabled boat into the public launch in Penetang. Not so much as a verbal thank you from the guys on board although the wife/girlfriend offered her appreciation as we pulled away after seeing them securely tied to the dock ???.
Marked lots of fish scattered throughout the water strata but managed only a pair of slightly coloured Chinook around 8 or 9 pounds each. Spunky fish which were released successfully. One took a Silver Fox slider (hammered silver/orange tape) and the other a Mag NK. No idea of the NK particulars as I was shackled to the wheel for the duration (truthfully, I find the helm seat on my son's Pursuit extremely comfortable and restful).
Plans are to slip away for a few days mid-week and do some serious searching for some late stagers.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline TundraRoy

Re: 08.31 Salmon
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:13:33 pm »
Glad you got at them and had some success GJ. 
 I wonder if jigging from your yak would be worth the effort? Yak Salmon sounds like a whole lot of fun! 
 Good luck this week and keep us in the loop.

Roy

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 01:40:11 pm »
Jim
Were you fishing around the islands?

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »
John,
        Trolling the "Hole" just west of the Gin Rocks on this report.
        Last night (Sunday) we trolled the outside of Christian. Much more activity there but we suffered a bad case of "Rubber-Hookitis" :-[. Fish were scattered depth wise with many being well above the temps normally attributed to Chinooks.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young