Author Topic: Little Help  (Read 7754 times)

Offline outfishin

Little Help
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »
Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

Just joined the forum so hello to everybody!

I mostly fish Kawarthas and Simcoe. Thought I'd give Georgian Bay a try for once. I have a cottage in the Lafontaine area and wanted to fish Victoria Harbour/ Waubaushene area. Just wondering if anybody knows of a public launch to get my boat in the water? Looking to go for some Walleye and Pike. Any ideas where to get me started. Not looking for honey holes, just something to get me going.

Any help is definately appreciated! ;D

Matt

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: Little Help
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 03:11:24 pm »
Outfishn
There is a launch in Midland and one in Penetang at the town docks. You will have to pay from both.

The walleye are in Penetang Bay and in Midland Harbour. If your fishing in the daytime you should find them between 20 and 30 ft. Shallower in Waubaushene but they are starting to move to the bay. Try around the islands in front of both Penetang Bay and and Midland Harbour.

I've been using a drop shot with Xzone slammers and we caught a lot of fish, most north of there. A lot of guys are using Gulp leeches or worms on jig heads. I talked to someone using deep diving cranks just before dark.

One of the members on the board was out Saturday and said they were on fire.

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 03:34:27 pm »
I launched in Victoria harbor, have property on Caswells Beach my whole life. I know the area very well. The launch sucks (free), we went out in 16 ft lund with 45 and need to have engine up to get out (tilted not out of water). On right beside Town dock is a sunken crib extending to shore, stay within 10ft of of cement dock. Head out to Waub channel, last red marker before Waub river. Troll to left side of markers 3.7-4.2 m of water (back into Bay not into river). The bigger yellow bellies are out of the river, smaller sandy colored Eye's are in river. Bottom bouncers/Harnesses with worms slow trolled. Hot color was chartruese and all white harnesses. If slow, went into Port Severn look north from Waub channel large marker on rock. go into the Bay. Look to left side, will see a white cottage on west side of Bay, trolled from cottage across to east side of Bay. Another spot:Off Robin's Point, 10-12 ft trough approx 75 yrd's long. Holding fish at first and last light.
Our second day launched at Pier 69 in Waub, nice ramp and parking but $20.00 for in and out, will let you go for lunch and leave boat for more fishing same day. I hope this helps Matt. Any questions let me know.

Kevin 

Offline outfishin

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:41 pm »
Wow, thanks alot guys! I appreciate the information. If I get a chance to head out this week, I will definately report on anything I catch.

Thanks again!!

Matt

Offline outfishin

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:12:27 am »
Didn't get a chance to hit up Gerogian Bay as the winds were too high so no report, sorry guys.

Fished Kawartha's (Dalrymple) instead. Did well, caught a couple Walleye and a bunch Pike, one in around 6lbs. Had a hard time keeping the lunker Largemouth off my line! They were everywhere and on fire! Too bad they are out of season. Tried my best to get away from them. Hopefully they will be bitting like that when the season opens!

Anyways, appreciate the tips on where to launch and fish on Gerogian Bay. If anybody wants information on Dalrymple, send me an email and I'll show you some good spots for Pike, Bass and Walleye as I've had some good luck there.

Cheers!
Thanks again,

Matt

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 09:06:29 am »
We were out there yesterday for a while. Caught one 23 inches in the first 10 minutes and thought it was going to be a big day. After that the wind turned around from the east and we couldn't get a bite.

We lost a couple late in the day and couln't keep away from the bass which seem to be eveywhere.

It's Simcoe today and GBay on Sunday.

Offline automated

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 11:36:20 am »
is there any place to fish from shore up in that area...  if to risky post here you can email me automated_one@yahoo.ca

Offline outfishin

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 05:44:51 pm »
Automated,

Not sure if your asking John if there are any shore fishing spots on Gerigian or myself.

If you were asking me where to shore fish on Dalrymple, it's no real secret, you can fish from the bridge on Hwy 6 (Kirkfield Rd), parking is on Osprey Lane. This will allow you to fish the canal between Upper and Lower Dalrymple. Lot's of pan fish, maybe the odd pike and walleye closer to night fall.

Just be sure to pick up any garbage you may bring as some people have been leaving their junk at the site. Sad to see that some are not concerned with keeping our lakes clean.

Matt

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:35:48 am »
I believe Automated might be asking about Georgian Bay?

Can you fish from the town docks in Penetang? There are some big carp there.

Offline Idiocracy

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 08:52:41 pm »
Before the old dock was taken down people were allowed to fish off the big dock between certain hours, 9am to 9pm or somewhere there about.  Fishing was not allowed on the smaller finger docks but that rule wasn't always followed by kids.   Now that the new docks have been installed I don't know if the same policy stands. They use to have a sign up stating what was allowed and what wasn't allowed, I will have to check and see if it is still there.

You can fish from shore behind the Curling rink. Good place for bass when in season, pike, and the odd mudcat. Might even catch a walleye or dogfish, etc.  I use to catch crappie there but haven't see any caught there in quite a while.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Tom.