Author Topic: Midland / or Pettersen park  (Read 764 times)

Offline max3344

Midland / or Pettersen park
« on: August 07, 2021, 12:23:04 pm »
Hi guys Iím new here - use to fish Lake Ontario
I live near midland .. i would like to take your opinion about fishing near here for salmon or trout.  Is it as good as Lake Ontario ?
Any specific area your recommend
Thanks everyone
Ps: if anyone interested, they could join me for a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline The Kayaker

Re: Midland / or Pettersen park
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 09:33:07 am »
Not sure if youíre aware but youílll need a pass to park at Pete Peterson. Passes are residents only.

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 04:49:54 pm »
Hi guys Iím new here - use to fish Lake Ontario
I live near midland .. i would like to take your opinion about fishing near here for salmon or trout.  Is it as good as Lake Ontario ?
Any specific area your recommend
Thanks everyone
Ps: if anyone interested, they could join me for a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its no where near as good as Lake Ontario.  But the main difference is you can eat the fish and they don't taste like they came out of a sardine can.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 03:54:34 pm »
As a hole Lake O is better, its much easier to track and predict location of bait and temps. 
But Gbay is a quality fishery and on certain days numbers is not uncommon just dont expect big fish on each outing and I hope you like Lakers, we got em all and all sizes too. 
Downsize your gear, run less meat/twinkie rigs although they have there days, I dont run flies but some guys do, run more spoons, ditch the wire divers for long lines and if you run dipsy's try a slide diver on braid, dont fish deeper than 140fow (you can, but most fish are caught in water less than 140).  Stealth mode is often the name of the game.  Hope this helps a bit.