Author Topic: Salmon and Trout Fishing, Jackson Beach Park to Christian Island  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Fishallday

Hi Everyone,

I have had a cottage near blue water for 30 years and only now starting to look into fishing georgian bay.

Could some of you help with the best times of year and tactics to fish Jackson Beach Park to Cristian Island? I have a smaller boat with downrigger and plannerboards.

Hope to enter one of the tournaments and meet some of you.

PM if you prefer.

Thanks.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Laughin.Loon.Fishin

Re: Salmon and Trout Fishing, Jackson Beach Park to Christian Island
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 03:16:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I have had a cottage near blue water for 30 years and only now starting to look into fishing georgian bay.

Could some of you help with the best times of year and tactics to fish Jackson Beach Park to Cristian Island? I have a smaller boat with downrigger and plannerboards.

Hope to enter one of the tournaments and meet some of you.

PM if you prefer.

Thanks.
I to am very interested in that area /line.    I have a general idea but will be watching this post for replies.     I to have a smaller boat and to be honest haven’t really had any good weather days (low wind) line up with scheduled fishing days so it’s kept me off this year. 
I am shopping for a GB capable boat so next year I’ll be able to help you out more lol.
Good luck and tight lines

Offline Kingfisher

Re: Salmon and Trout Fishing, Jackson Beach Park to Christian Island
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 07:51:01 am »
I asked the same question about a week ago. There is some good information in the thread "Trolling Report" under the 'Fishing Georgian Bay' section of the forum. It is 20 pages but worth the read. Also, if you feel like a drive, visit the fishing and hunting shop in Collingwood, (not sure naming it is allowed on the forum but its the one with the application forms for the upcoming tournament). They have lots of gear and are very helpful as to what is popular. Also a good spot to meet others, three fishermen stopped in while I was there and all were happy to discuss fishing in the Bay. Good fishing.