Author Topic: Trolling Report  (Read 116742 times)

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2019, 01:15:39 pm »
Went out this past Thurs. to the hole for 5 hrs in the morning and didn't even get a knock off. There were 6 or 7 other boats but didn't see any action there either. Friday morning went past the hole to Methodist Point and the Tomb and spent the morning there with the same results as Thursday. Where did all the salmon go? They all couldn't be in the rivers yet.

Possibly a big run up the river if there was a big rain this past week.  They go in waves, so the hole should fill up again if it doesn't rain and stays warmish.  But by end of Sept they are done in my experience.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Krawler

« Reply #331 on: September 08, 2019, 05:32:01 pm »
Wasn’t able to make it out this weekend but had friends fish the Hole, they were able to manage one fish per outing and had to work hard for it.
I recall in years past when I fished area rivers, it wasn’t always a big rain that was needed to bring the fish in, rather a big North or NW blow brought the water in and the fish. Rain definelty helped but wasn't always a necessity. So with these cool nights and higher water levels I’m sure a few waves have sneaked passed us.

Offline grampa

« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2019, 07:14:26 pm »
hey anybody been out in the hole lately thinking about going tomorrow or would i just be wasting my time too busy to get out in a while it seems no reports comming in from here.

Offline Fish tracks

« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2019, 10:26:50 pm »
Got out tonight. Fished from 6:15pm to 7:30pm. 2 knock offs landed one Rainbow. Market lots in various depths, but mainly between 40-60feet down in 65fow directly out from the Nottawasaga.  Mooslook spoons, riggers at 45feet down. 60-65fow. Going back tomorrow morning I’ll keep ya posted.

Offline Terry FG

« Reply #334 on: September 17, 2019, 12:14:56 pm »
We were out this morning all around the bay and even after the fog got really bad. Marked a lot of fish as you did but not one fish.

Offline Fish tracks

« Reply #335 on: September 17, 2019, 03:46:22 pm »
We got out this morning, crazy Fog. It didn’t lift until noon hour. Anyway we fished directly in front of the Nottawasaga river in depths ranging from 60ft to 100ft. Changing our weight depths as needed always keeping them 20’ off bottom. Marked most fish suspending at 50’ in 60fow. We landed one large Rainbow. Slow morning. Going back out this evening. Oh and we caught the Bow on a small Toronto Warbler spoon.

Offline Canuck

« Reply #336 on: September 17, 2019, 06:41:48 pm »
Went out in the hole yesterday AM (off work this week).  Fished from about 7:30 to 11:00.  Marked some solid marks up high in the column from 70 to 85 feet down over 120 to 130.  But like usual this time of year, they disappeared by about 9:00.  No fish.  No knock offs.  Nada.  Not sure if they leave or drop to the bottom somewhere in the hole.  Will try one last time for the season tomorrow AM.  See you out there if you are going.

Offline Fish tracks

« Reply #337 on: September 17, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »
First skunk of the season for us tonight. Didn’t fish the Hole stayed in front of the Nottawasaga river. Marked less fish then I have been. 2 knock off’s nothing landed. Giving it another go tomorrow morning.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #338 on: September 18, 2019, 12:06:16 am »
Appreciate the reports, keep them coming! I’ll be out trolling this weekend.

Good luck

Offline Tomary

« Reply #339 on: September 18, 2019, 07:48:34 am »
My wife and I were out last night in the hole for a nice sunset cruise to take in this late summer weather while it lasts. We had the rod fire only once but it was a great fight for her and in the end too much to handle. We lost the salmon about 30’ off the back of the boat when it finally surfaced and spit it. Couldn’t really tell on the size but I would say mid teens for sure. Aside from that the only other excitement was a quick visit from the OPP on the Tom Coffin to check in and ensure we had 2 life vests on board.

Hope this weather holds and can get out a few more times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Fish tracks

« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2019, 01:11:46 pm »
What a nice morning out there, fished from 7:30am to 11am depths ranging from 45ft to 100 feet out of Dos Bay. Managed one Bow in 45fow riggers down only 25 feet. It hit on a Monkey Puke 50 feet back from the ball trolling at 2.4knots. Second fish we landed in 95fow balls down 72feet on a Mooselook spoon 40feet behind the ball.  Other then that two mock offs. Where are the salmon? Going back out tonight early to Christian Island Bowl. The salmon are either in the rivers or the second run has not been established. We are not marking any staging salmon in deep water. Nothing but Bows out there so far. Anyway I’ll keep ya posted.

Offline Canuck

« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2019, 03:53:11 pm »
Went out to the hole again this am.  Beautiful morning.  Glassy calm.  Typical pattern with marking fish early from 50ft to 90ft down over 115 to 140 feet.  Then later the marks are few and far between.  Managed 1/1 (15lb female) at about 8:00am.  A few knock offs that could have been just slipped clips, because we were running the large paddles and my Scotty clips are getting old.  Will probably go out one more time Thursday am. 

Offline Fish tracks

« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2019, 10:31:25 pm »
Finally Found some Salmon. Ok so before I go telling everyone where what when and how I want to let people know why I give as much info as possible. I love to fish and I know that the people on here have the same passion.  Georgian Bay is huge and sometimes it can be hard to target species depending on the time of year. Anyway not everyone has the time to spend locating there target. So by posting your results it helps out other anglers.  Tonight we landed 3/3 one of the salmon being my largest to date on G Bay. We tried all around Christian Island today and we located them on the inside by Cedar point. Marked all kinds of suspending fish anywhere between 115fow and 135fow. The bite turned on for the last hour of daylight. We got all our salmon on MK’s Monkey Puke Spoons set 45feet behind our balls set down at 74feet. Trolling speeds of 2.4-2.8 knots. In 90-115 feet of water.  There ya have it, if your after rainbow check my earlier posts, if your after salmon, you know now where you can find a few. As for me I’m packing up tomorrow.  I was born and raised locally but now I call the Kawartha’s home. Until next time. Good luck out there. 

Offline Krawler

« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2019, 11:21:38 pm »
Congrats on your success this week. Firm believer that we have many matures still to come in to the area. How big was the salmon you got?   Were they dark?

Offline Fish tracks

« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2019, 07:09:59 am »
Krawler the biggest salmon was a little over 19 pounds. It was just starting to change color. I’ve tried to load pictures up on this site in the past but I can’t shrink my pictures enough from my iPhone. So it turns out that last nights salmon isn’t my personal largest on G Bay. We caught one 2 years ago over 22lbs. I know there are bigger out there I’ve just personally never landed one larger. Personally I don’t like to keep them once they start to go dark. So it’s pack up time. It’s been a fun week, good luck out there.