Author Topic: Trolling Report  (Read 116735 times)

Offline Krawler

Trolling Report
« on: April 30, 2018, 09:26:32 am »
Big Skunk!  Friday seemed like a perfect day for a troll.  Launched out of AC marine ($30).  Went to Wasaga, played in the shallows, nothing.  Headed east to Spratts point, then to Cleopatra and Balm Beach and nothing!! 
fished anywhere from 10-35fow.  boards and riggers, used an assortment of body baits.  Water temps were 38-46. 
Anyone else been out?

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline James

Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 09:11:58 pm »
got out today first time fishing out of new boat and first time fishing rainbow ,john whyte and i went out of collingwood harbor  ($9.00) we also trolled hard baits from  6 fow to 20 fow marked lots but no takers we talked to other and the bite window seemed early in the morning and didn't  last long , it was a pretty nice day considering.
 I dont know how long the trout stay shallow but i hope to get back out there to try again soon if weather cooperates 

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:41:53 pm »
Ok. You are killing me. Boat is not going in till end of may this year.

Offline Steve72george

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:52:44 pm »
Out 1/2 mile off mouth of notty in wasaga 22 fow
Son landed a 6lb salmon .. his friend lost one that hit hard as he had the scotty locked cuz he thought rod might pop out lol ...lesson learned for that boy .. by the time he figured out the lock he lost the fish

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline Krawler

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:22 am »
Well done!  Might head that way this weekend winds permitting.

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 09:45:59 am »
For what it's worth, I have always found that spring trolling out of Collingwood, mainly for rainbows, is always best predawn to around 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. Favourite lure is the AC Shiner followed by the small, jointed rapalas. Once the sun gets up a bit, the fish do their disappearing act.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline buck

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 06:39:35 am »
nice morning yesterday....but notta

flat lined from Awenda to Thunder Beach....never done that area before....water looked good....20 feet or less, big boulders....didn't move a rod....AC Shiners, Rapalas, small spoons

then put riggers down at Ballard's and back at Methodist....marked a few fish near the bottom  on the Thunder Beach side of Methodist...nothing on the hump

water temp at the surface 47 degrees at Methodist....brrr

first time i have had my boat in this early.....no rush next year i guess

Offline Krawler

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 11:05:31 am »
Beautiful area to troll, too bad the fishing isn't the best for early season. 
I start trolling deep water this time of year, i stay away from the shallows.   

Offline Meegs

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 05:54:52 pm »
Suprized I didn't see you.   Fished similar waters yesterday . We were 0/2 for the morning.  Fished 5 different areas for an hour and half each. Missed 1 salmon..  1 laker.  Very very few marks.  Fished 30 to 140fow.   Watched the commercial guy drop a net out at 90 fow for about a kilometer from middle of the gap towards ac marina

Offline Canuck

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 09:32:13 pm »
Finally launching Friday AM!  Sounds like I have not missed much.

Offline Myles

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 08:00:51 pm »
New to downrigging this year. I've been out a few times from collingwood and have been catching lake trout near bottom in 120 to 130 fow but haven't had any luck finding salmon yet which is what I'm hoping to catch. Green spoons have seemed to work well for the lakers. Still trying to figure things out. Has anyone been catching many salmon yet? I've been told end of july and august are the best times for salmon there. Good luck to everyone

Offline BillM

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 12:54:47 pm »
Head to OS if you want some salmon action :)  Been a good spring from what I've heard.

Offline Myles

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2018, 08:38:08 am »
Os is an extra hour drive each way for me so i was hoping i could find some salmon in the collingwood wasaga area but if os is my best chance maybe i will make the drive to try it out. Thanks for the tip i appreciate it

Offline Canuck

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 11:05:58 pm »
well, the boat is launched.  Ran around to the ferry terminal area and marks point, then over in the shallows arround the tomb.  Nothing but cold water.  Marked one school of bait around the ferry, but not one fish in any location.  Nice day for a first boat ride of the year, but nothing to show for it.  I did play around with a dipsy diver for the first time though.

Offline buck

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 07:04:46 am »
another lovely day for as boat ride around Methodist yesterday .....water temp at surface now 54 degrees F....but no marks....big fish rolled right by the boat.....likely a 'bow.....lots of insects on the surface

hope springs eternal tho.....