Author Topic: Fantastic Forecasts  (Read 3097 times)

RobM

Fantastic Forecasts
« on: November 21, 2011, 02:22:14 pm »
I can hardly wait to get out this week. With stable weather for Tues-Fri forecasted fishing should be at its best.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: Fantastic Forecasts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:30:18 pm »
I am trying to get out in the Sound on Wed.

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:56:41 am »
I made it out yesterday although I didn't get on the water until 11:00. Marked lots of fish but it was so windy we couldn't stay on them. We caught 2 and I lost a monster Musky. I caught her on my drop shot rod so there wasn't going to be much of an argument. Some guys were trolling most of the day in full rip and I fluke one on a slammer. :D

That happened to me once at the moon. I'm throwing huge bucktails all day and some guy in a tin boat gets a 50 incher on a grub fishing for walleye.

Offline sandy bay

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:15:12 am »
Were the walleye deep?

RobM

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 09:44:54 am »
We made it out yesterday. A friend from BC caught a bunch of Walleye and his personal best at 20", another friend tangled some 20+ fish and I would say between boat we caught some 50 walleye.  Nothing over the 22" mark. Battled very briefly with a solid fish and couple double headers. Pink jig heads were hot. I was drop shotting most the day. unfortunately could only get my hands on #1 stand out hooks. I need some 1/0's arghhh.

Weatherman lied. It was chilly windy and a decent day considering.

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »
Wow that's a great day on the water. I might be good for one more day and hopefully a little less windy and we can stay on some fish. It seemed as though if you could slow it down or stay right on them you could get bit.

RobM

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 04:17:29 pm »
I installed the Minn Kota I Pilot at the end of the summer on my boat. 80lbs thrust and 60" shaft. The electronic anchor button allows us to hold on the active fish and effectively fish in the wind even. Where I fish out on the bay the waves are typically enough to knock my old unit off course and constantly blow out of the water. The long shaft keeps the prop way down and in control.
Wish we could have hung onto some of the misses, I'm sure a few were big fish. Due to number of fish we catch and the strict slot sizes we won't consider using stinger hooks. When fishing in 30FOW+ or 20FOW adjacent to the deep stuff we get those fish back into the water quickly.

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 05:13:32 pm »
It's good to hear you get them back in quick. The suffer from Barotruma much fast than bass even out of 30 ft.