Author Topic: NEW 2013 Models  (Read 5796 times)

Offline Canuckbass

NEW 2013 Models
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:42:02 pm »
Here is the line up of fishing kayaks and SUP from Jackson, can't wait to get my hands on a few of these.
What model would you chose?

Sorry we don't allow links or promotions from non sponsors Admin
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 09:55:53 am by John »

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Grandpa Jim

Re: NEW 2013 Models
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:15:58 pm »
Hey CB,
             I'd go for the Kilroy!! I just can't get my head around a sit-on for use up here in the spring and fall seasons.
             I've finally assembled all the "necessities" to convert my Pungo for fishing. Pretty basic compared to the Jacksons and most of the kayaks shown previously by members but I'll have two flush mount holders aft and a single Scotty rod holder with a flush mount receiver foreward. I'll mount a Lowrance X-70 and add as I go along.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline The Kayaker

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 04:50:31 pm »
Hey GJ good luck putting it all together.
I too started with 2 aft mounted rod holders but quickly realized it was difficult to paddle forwards while looking back all the time. I found at the end of a fishing day my neck was sore...

I agree that around here May fishing is much more comfortable in a sit-in.

Here 's hoping to some quick ice.

Jon

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 07:13:47 am »
Jon,
       The aft sensoredpit holders are just for holding a couple of rods vertically (safe storage). The adjustable, pivoting Scotty holder will be centred foreward of the sensoredpit and used for trolling.
       Any tips or suggestions as to what to do or avoid from those who have rigged their kayaks for fishing would be appreciated. I'll start a new thread so CB doesn't have this one totally hi-jacked.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline Canuckbass

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:10:15 pm »
Lots of guys are liking the Kilroy, I was close to ordering one but decided to go with Cuda 12's and a SuperFishal SUP.

Anytime anyone wants to demo a Jackson you can message me or contact Muskoka Paddle Shack.