Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 22921 times)

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: Introduction
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 02:56:12 pm »
Welcome

There are some big Musky up there but its a tough bite until mid to late August. When the nights get cool they will move up on the shoals in the mouth. Big bucktails are the ticket. Have a great time up there and let us know how you made out.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline ddrisebo

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm ddrisebo (David) and this is my first season fishing the Bay. I live in the Orangeville area so don't get to hit the big water as often as I like but have fallen in love with it. So far I've only fished in Penetanguishene Bay and near Sturgeon Bay provincial park. I mostly fish for bass and pike, but have gotten into muskie this year, and used to do some guiding for walleye. I have a 16 foot tinny with a 25 horse, and my kayak so am leery of the winds but am managing to get out every few weeks. Caught my first 'ski near Sturgeon, a 30''. I can't wait to get into some bigger girls too. Also I've caught my pb smallmouth from Penetang already, a 5.3 pounder. Some of the reports and especially the aerial shots are superb. Can't wait to keep learning from you all and gaining knowledge of this incredible body of water. Thanks for the forum,

David

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 07:41:22 am »
Welcome. Looking for ward to your reports and input.

Offline bonez26

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 05:14:58 pm »
Hello my name is Dru,

i have fished the south end of Georgian bay for the last 7-8 years approximately as well as many others. This year we settled on GBay for our season due to the success and large fish we have caught from midland over to the 400 and up to moon river. However we mostly stay at the south end as there is so much water to cover. Looking to meet people and see reports from the area and whats going on. Fish a lot of species but over the past 2 yrs have narrowed it down to one specific one. In search all the time of that big monster muskie.....however fish Pike bass, walleye, salmon, whitefish and trout when with different friends and family.

I hope I can contribute as much information as I will be reading on this board. Also been a memeber of OOD and fisherman.ca.

Looking forward to chatting with you all!

tightlines!

Dru :)

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 06:22:53 pm »
Welcome Dru
Looking forward to your reports.

Offline drifter84

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 07:33:39 am »
Hi there

My name is Dan. I have fished the south end of Georgian bay over the past 40 years. I work out of the province and the country sometimes so I don't get out as much as I would like.

My retirement is around the corner and then plan to get out as much as I can

Dan

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 12:40:43 pm »
Welcome Dan,

I hope retirement comes soon for you and you can kick your feet up in a boat and hut on this beautiful body of water !!! I am also around 40 yrs on southern Georgian on the east side, Midland to Waubaushene. I hope to read some posts of your successes.

Cheers,

Kevin

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 06:00:00 am »
Welcome Dan
Sounds like retirement should free up some fishing time.

Offline Rookie

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 10:09:48 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to fishing in Georgian Bay and was hoping for some advice on how to get started i.e. LOCATIONS especially, equipment to use, lures, bait, techniques, etc. Any information you can provide to get me started would be helpful. I launch my 12 foot aluminum fishing boat from Thornbury usually and am based out of the Blue Mountains so anywhere that's close to there?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from everyone!

Dale

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 06:39:13 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to fishing in Georgian Bay and was hoping for some advice on how to get started i.e. LOCATIONS especially, equipment to use, lures, bait, techniques, etc. Any information you can provide to get me started would be helpful. I launch my 12 foot aluminum fishing boat from Thornbury usually and am based out of the Blue Mountains so anywhere that's close to there?

Thanks and look forward to hearing from everyone!

Dale

It is a big body of water with many species. Where are you fishing out of?

Offline paolotca

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 12:58:10 pm »
Hi All,
Bought a cottage out in the islands just west of Parry Island.  Starting to get out on the water now for some fishing. Was mostly into bass in my earlier days but now am trying to learn the ropes for Bows and King. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
P

Offline Myles

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2018, 09:59:37 am »
Hi everyone my name is Myles and I'm from Barrie. I saved up for years and finally got an 18 foot boat last summer. This spring i bought a couple downriggers and plan on fishing out of collingwood as often as i can. I work mon to thurs in the summer so i should be able to make it out most weekends for at least a morning. I would really like to catch some kings. I've already had some very nice people point me in the right direction with some advice and hope to return the favor when i start catching some salmon. Hopefully some time this summer ill be able to figure them out and catch a few. Thanks again and best of luck to everyone this summer

Offline Carphunter52

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2019, 09:28:44 pm »
Good evening everyone .. I'm new to this board I'm a all seasoned angler I target Carp .but I fish all fish for a picture.

I've been tired of all the same venues for the part 3 years and now in looking to travel to target Carp and was wondering if there are carp around Owen sound ...
Thanks is in advance
Yours truly
Carphunter52