Author Topic: Disgusting behaviour  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Wasagabeach

Disgusting behaviour
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:37:50 pm »
Wow.  I was at the pretty river this morning. I was hoping to have a morning coffee and watch some salmon swim the gauntlet of rocks.  What I saw in our little river was guys leaving with a shopping bag of what looked like roe! Then further upstream I watched an older guy fully dressed up. Hip waders, fishing vest...the whole 9 yards...I watched him lean over a fish with two feet of line off the tip of his rod in 8” of water, and he ripped his lure trying to snag a salmon! I hollered at him and he stepped back into the bushes.  This is in our local river!  Ever wonder why the runs are shitty some years? These guys could be a big reason! Next time I will post a video

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Valley Tackle co

Re: Disgusting behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 12:52:38 pm »
Ya some people just don’t get it do they even tho the salmon numbers are up I’m surprised they can be from idiots like that !!!! Next time throw a rock

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 08:13:06 pm »
Some took roe and left a Georgian bay salmon?  Illegal stupid and disgusting.  Happens all the time down here in GTA rivers. The snagging too. No COs though.

Offline Kevin B

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 08:18:12 am »
I reside in Collingwood.  Where is a good place to have a walk and see some salmon going up the Pretty river? Thank you

Offline Wasagabeach

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 08:18:47 am »
I sent a pm

Offline Kevin B

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »
Thank you