Author Topic: Moon Basin/Woods Bay  (Read 3129 times)

Offline KenKat

Moon Basin/Woods Bay
« on: June 24, 2020, 01:22:50 pm »
Hi Everyone recently started fishing the Moon River & Blackstone Harbour in the past 3 years.  We fish for walleye and numerous boats have asked if we have fished the iron city.  We have goggled and found iron city bay but we are unsure if we can access it from the Moon River Marina with a 16ft, 25hp.  Wondering if there is a public launch closer? 

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline MarkD

Re: Moon Basin/Woods Bay
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 11:28:48 am »
I replied you at another forum.

Offline KenKat

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 10:26:33 pm »
MarkD sorry I haven’t seen your reply on the other forum, for some reason it wont let me sign in or see my post.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 10:55:51 pm by KenKat »

Offline MarkD

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 04:18:33 pm »
Apparently, the entire topic was deleted. It is quite common on that forum... They just delete topics if they don't like something. Without any notification or explanation.
In short, what was I was saying is that there is no close marinas or launches to Iron City. It is indeed quite remote area. I was there several times with the canoe from Go Home lake. There is fair bass/pike fishing, but I don't see any reason to go there with bigger boat as the is a lot of similar places which are much closer to launches. Honestly, I just gave up with Go Home bay and areas around. To far and is not worth the time and gas.

Offline jrsecrest

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 11:12:56 am »
Hey KenKat, I may be telling you something you already know, but the Iron City Fishing Club (https://www.icfc.net/) is a pretty big operation that is close to Woods Bay. It may be that folks are referring to the club as opposed to the Bay.