Author Topic: Trolling report  (Read 23123 times)

Offline Krawler

Re: Trolling report
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2020, 04:58:33 pm »
Thanks Jim, Iíll keep an eye out for you. 

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline dagoat_1

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2020, 10:10:36 pm »
Winds blow us out this evening and the early storm did not help.  Anyone else make out today?

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2020, 12:15:40 pm »
We were out yesterday morning went 1/2 loosing a nice mature fish at the boat but hooked up soon after to a smaller male ... got off the water before it got wild !!! Hope to get out soon

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2020, 06:19:02 pm »
Out again this morning went 2/5 both males again one 9lb and the other 14 . Hooked up on a double header loosing the one fish landing the other fish were high in the water And both Chrome fish lots of season left has anyone been out ?

Offline SuperH

« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2020, 08:11:58 am »
Any action in the "hole" this weekend?  I've been skunked last three times out.  Marking lots but no takers.

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2020, 08:59:52 am »
Any action in the "hole" this weekend?  I've been skunked last three times out.  Marking lots but no takers.
Was out yesterday and nada.  Not marking that many.  There were more a few weeks ago.  Ran out to Gianíts tomb for some lakers.  Water temps out there by Giants Tomb were crazy.  Surface was 68.  95 ft down was 65.  100ft was 51.  Hard thermocline but very deep.  NOt that temps matters for staging salmon though.

Offline Saugeen Drifter

« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2020, 09:05:15 am »
Anything in the hole is staging, only bite you will get is a reaction bite.
Take a kid fishing
Give a child a fish, the child eats for a day, teach a child to fish, the child eats for a life time and tells a life time of big fish stories
When my time comes I will never say, "I wish I would have worked more", I will say I wish I could have fished more.

Offline SuperH

« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2020, 09:17:22 am »
Saugeen D:   Are you suggesting it's over for the season? 

Offline Krawler

« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2020, 10:02:18 am »
Not even close. Rivers get runs well into October!  The salmon that Iíve seen caught recently are all still very silver.  Keep trolling! Piss them off! 

Offline andrew9638

« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2020, 12:06:09 pm »
This time of year do you have to fish staging areas closer to rivers, or can you still find them other places like out around the islands? How about the east shore of nottawasaga bay? I launch out of Jacksonís park so not willing to run to  the hole.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2020, 12:12:23 pm »
Great fishing now along Tiny Beaches!
Fish can still be found in all areas around islands. If not matures then bows and 2 yr olds. Itís far from over!  And you can still get them in October!  I donít know why people think Labour Day weekend concludes salmon fishing. Weíve had banner days out there in September, less in October.
My hunting spots have all been a bust  this year, no permission for duck or geese so Iíll be Out fishing a lot more. Will report back!

Offline andrew9638

« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2020, 12:50:17 pm »
Thanks Krawler, I appreciate the info very much. I think I will continue fishing September and enjoy having a quiet boat launch.
I better add my report from yesterday now. Took my wife, kids and in-laws out mainly for a boat ride. Went to the south side of Christian island to escape the waves and eat lunch. Then proceeded to put down a couple NK spoons, one rigger and one leadcore. Fished about 1.5 hrs and got a bow on the leadcore about 40 ft down. Wasnít really marking much for fish or bait, a few on the bottom (Lakers?)
Overall a beautiful time out and enjoyed trout on the grill upon returning home.

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2020, 04:47:21 pm »
Agree with krawler !!! Lots of season left most of our fish recently have been crazy chrome !! Few dark ones in the mix ... if it wasn't for goose season Iíd be out there until October for sure Recently boated a 19.5 lber and you wouldent know it was ready for the river ... lots of 10-16 lbers and a few little guys that were dark..

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2020, 05:57:24 pm »
When we were out Sunday AM in the hole there were salmon jumping periodically.  I used to see that off Bronte harbour when I had the boat on Lake O, but not in the bay.  The one's I saw were chrome silver.  Not that any ended up in my cooler though!.  Back to work this week though so may not get out till the weekend unless I can get out one evening.

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2020, 07:47:45 am »
I'm planning to get out tomorrow evening for salmon but reports from various locations are anything but positive.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young