Author Topic: helix 7 chirp di gps 2gn  (Read 1372 times)

Offline grampa

helix 7 chirp di gps 2gn
« on: June 30, 2020, 06:31:43 am »
anyone out there running this unit? cant seen to get this thing dialed in. running 15 pound weights  and i cant mark my weights  . i have played with the transducer angle, if i move it so it points further back it seems the angle is too high.are there settings i should use that could be better eg. frequencies etc.  would really like to get the most from this machine.   thanks. dan

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline JL

Re: helix 7 chirp di gps 2gn
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 11:04:37 am »
I run the Helix 5. Same software.

I use the 2d, lower freq with contrast around 12-14 and sensitivity around the same. I have to play with it depending on water temp, clarity, etc.

Offline grampa

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 04:05:44 pm »
thanks for the input lots of info on the web about settings but its all about shallow water bass fishing etc. not much about deep water rigging. changed a few settings today have to wait now till i get out again see how it works.

Offline awbringl

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 11:16:58 am »
anyone out there running this unit? cant seen to get this thing dialed in. running 15 pound weights  and i cant mark my weights  . i have played with the transducer angle, if i move it so it points further back it seems the angle is too high.are there settings i should use that could be better eg. frequencies etc.  would really like to get the most from this machine.   thanks. dan

I run the same and have great success marking my canon balls.  The only time I can't pick up my presentation is if I'm trolling quite fast (over 3.5 to 4.0 mph) due to the blowback.  But I usually sit around 2.2 to 3.0 and mark them clearly.  What frequency are you running?  What sensitivity setting?  I assume you're not out there burning around at 5 mph, so speed shouldn't be an issue?  Try increasing your sensitivity and adjusting between 83 and 200 khz.  If you're set up right, you should have no trouble marking downrigger weights.  I really like using the 2x zoom feature when rigging in deep water too!

Good luck!

Offline grampa

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 01:29:56 pm »
thanks for the input guys i guess when you get older the technology leaves you behind the gamel lol. i had a good talk with humminbird support today and a nice lady named natashia  talked me through some things while i was in the boat in the driveway . who knew there are things you can do with that machine i didnt know was possible. think i may have it figured out now. cant wait to get out and try it now. thanks  dan