Author Topic: Trolling Report  (Read 418 times)

Offline Krawler

Trolling Report
« on: June 12, 2021, 10:11:57 am »
Made it out this week for a few short trips.  Bay was flat, temp warm, no wife or kid, why not?!?!

First outing Wednesday pm managed 3/5, 2 smaller and one about 10lbs.  Found areas with warm surface temps and good bait on bottom, figured fish would be scattered with the lack of winds so i covered ground instead of staying put. Long leads in the upper water column with standard size moonshine spoons took fish.

Thursday am slept in but went for a quick troll.  Immediately found fish, they were actively feeding on bait and lots of streaks on the finder.  Never seen such a concrentration of salmon in one area this early in the season, shortened my leads,  Bites were fast, ripping line and gone.  Went 2/6. Meegs and moonshine spoons scattered throughout the column, constantly changed depths to cover the column and entice a strike. 40-70 over 70-90, surface temp 68.  Other areas was 58 that i passed through.  the warm water made me stop and drop lines.   

Im hearing good reports from around the Bay, could be a banner season.  Good luck if you make it out. 

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline grampa

Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 06:46:44 pm »
good job Kris someone had to start this thread figured it would be you. the few i have found also came from warmer water and long leads with small spoons.heading north this week for some walleye action then hope to get back to trolling the bay.

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 06:03:47 pm »
Good to hear. I am off the Canada day week and hope to be out a lot. My boat is still on the hard at Hindson. Launching next week.