Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 22924 times)

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Introduction
« on: May 07, 2011, 07:30:11 am »
Welcome to the Georgian Bay Message Board

We hope you find this board to be a good information source for all activities on Georgian Bay. We invited local services to use the board to introduce their business, report on local news, fishing reports, water conditions, and events in your area. The Bay is a big place and now there is one place to see and hear it all.

John (Redfish) Whyte
Publisher - Time on the Water Canada
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 07:17:34 am by John »

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline spinnerbaitking

• South Bruce Guide Service
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:13 pm »
Hey Guys & Gals
I'm from South Bruce & have fished for Bass & Pike more than anything but the last couple of years I've been fishing for Trout, Salmon in Lake Huron & have had some success fishing non traditional ways, I joined the Lake Huron Fishing Club Sept 2010 & suggested that we start the In Class School Salmon Aquarium Program back up, in Nov 2010 I had Teeswater Hillcrest School on board, we bought 2 Aquarium set ups & only had the one in a School the 1st year, in Nov 2011 the LHFC bought 3 Automatic Coolers & Feeders & everything we needed to run 3 Aquarium Hatcheries, Teeswater Hillcrest & Teeswater Sacred Heart School started in November 2011 with the Salmon Eggs from our Port Elgin Salmon Hatchery & one of the Coolers didn't work so Walkerton Sacred Heart High School received their Salmon in January after we had everything to set it up, the Schools took there turns last week Releasing their Salmon & Touring the Port Elgin Salmon Hatchery, plus the High School took a couple extra hours & fished the Port Elgin Town Pond for Rainbow & Brown Trout with some success, John sent me a message on one of the other boards to see if I'd be interested in posting here & here I am, I started a Blog for the School Hatcheries & LHFC Events, check out the last years Video & Pictures when you get a chance
http://lhfcschoolhatcheries.blogspot.ca/  8)
Thanx Richard Elliott Jr
Tight Lines And Straight Shooting
Waterloo Wellington CBAF
Lake Huron Fishing Club
Grey Bruce Bass Club
CBAF Team Ontario 2009
http://lhfcschoolhatcheries.blogspot.ca/

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:30 pm »
Richard
Thanks for posting this. That is great work and I can imagine those kids are now very invested in the fishery and have a good understanding of how it works.

Offline droptheanchor

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »
Hi everyone!  I'm from Mississauga Ontario and always looking for an excuse to go fishing!  I fish onshore/offshore, down rig, ice fish (my fav) and even fish the salt waters!  I like to take day trips on Lake Simcoe and Severn areas.  I fish with my friends, but for the most part of the winter I fish solo or with random people that I see the day of.  Im very social and approachable so if you see me fishing, please say hi and lets fish!

Tight lines!

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:27:25 am »
Welcome aboard!
We are also all very approachable so if you see any of us out there come say high and if your about to wonder out alone, post it and you may get some company to help keep things safe.

RobM

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:39:06 pm »
What you need some company..... Just say the word.

Offline rottfyr

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:40:45 am »
I've just bought a house in Port Mcnicoll and looking forward to learning to fish the area.  Right now just looking for boat launches and sort of easy to fish areas as i have to learn my way around.    Have a 16 1/2 ft boat so will probably stay closer to shore for now until i learn the waters much better.   Thanks for any help you can offer.

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 02:26:22 pm »
Welcome to the board.

As for places to fish close to shore there is no shortage. Just about anywhere in your immediate area can produce some great bass, pike, and walleye not to mention very big musky. Unfortunately there are fewer options for boat launches. Victoria Harbour has one for small boats. You should be able to get a permit for Mildland, and Penetang will cost you $20 or $120.00 for the year. 

Offline rottfyr

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »
thanks for the info.. will get some legwork done in the area and hopefully get myself some good fishing

Offline Saugeen Drifter

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 01:51:16 pm »
Good Day All

Saugeen Drifter here;
back on the board and in the area after a hiatus, looking forward to figuring out his bay.

Cheers Mark
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:30:58 pm by Saugeen Drifter »
Take a kid fishing
Give a child a fish, the child eats for a day, teach a child to fish, the child eats for a life time and tells a life time of big fish stories
When my time comes I will never say, "I wish I would have worked more", I will say I wish I could have fished more.

Offline Walleye Willie

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 10:25:01 pm »
Welcome to the Georgian Bay Message Board

We hope you find this board to be a good information source for all activities on Georgian Bay. We invited local services to use the board to introduce their business, report on local news, fishing reports, water conditions, and events in your area. The Bay is a big place and now there is one place to see and hear it all.

John (Redfish) Whyte
Publisher - Time on the Water Canada

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 06:20:46 am »
Hi Walleye Willie and welcome to the board.

Offline johnnyb

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 11:44:17 am »
Hey all, nice forum you have going here.  I recognize a few names from other sites....I plan to do a bit more fishing in the GBay and Severn areas this year, so hopefully will be able to share some useful info.

See you on the board, and even better, on the water.

(typing this from my phone.....hope the font doesn't show up as huge as it looks right now)

Offline Fuzzy Old Worm

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 12:37:46 pm »
Welcome to the Board Saugeen Drifter, johnnyb and Walleye Willie. It is a good source of info and some great updates on when the bite gets hot. We give general info, never specific fishing locations as that has been harmful in the past. Looking forward to your contributions.

Fuzzy (Kevin)

Offline Eagle Eyes

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 10:33:14 am »
Hi All

Just wanted to introduce my self. The names Sean aka Eagle Eyes as my friends started calling me about 14 years ago on our first fishing trip up to the mouth of the french river (Georgian Bay Fishing Camp). My dad has been taking me here since i was two years old and i have not missed a year yet. I am now 30 years old and planning my 28th trip up to  Georgian Bay Fishing Camp. We target anything that swims, big bass, pike and a tasty walleye every now and then, but have yet to catch the elusive musky. Great forum you have here and i am looking forward to hearing and stories and information you all have on area around Georgian Bay fishing camp.

Regards,

Sean AKA Eagle Eyes