Author Topic: Pike Patterns  (Read 4270 times)

Offline outfishin

Pike Patterns
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:20:01 pm »
When do you guys/gals think the big Pike will be out of the shallow bays and into deeper water? Just wondering if anybody is still catching them shallow or have they moved out to deeper hunting grounds? My understanding is that in late spring/early summer small Pike tend to hang around shallow weedy bays, mid sized Pike hang around weed edges to those weedy bays and larger Pike head out to points and deeper grounds. I suppose it all depends on water temps.

Any thoughts?

Matt

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Re: Pike Patterns
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »
Outfishen
They are out of the shallows now. I'll be doing another trip this week with Bob Formosa who I did the story with and I'll let you know how we did out there.

Offline outfishin

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 07:30:39 am »
Sounds good. Good Luck!

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:57:36 pm »
We did get up to the Moon and the fishing was good but not on fire. We did see a couple of huge pike, one north of 20. Had her on for a few seconds and after she came undone she swam right under the boat just to tease us. The next day was dead and we only caught 4 fish. The bass were driving us nuts.

Offline outfishin

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 09:07:54 pm »
Good thing Bass opens up this weekend. I think it's been the same everywhere, tons of bass smashing everything. You just wait, they won't be hitting at all when the season opens up! lol. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Good luck out there.

bayboy

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 02:31:54 pm »
Outfishin - do you live near Waubaushene?

Offline outfishin

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 06:22:00 pm »
I live in Barrie and have a cottage in Lafontaine area. So not too far from Waubaushene