Author Topic: Trolling report  (Read 34788 times)

Offline grampa

Re: Trolling report
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 02:04:46 pm »
Hey Grampa, what depth were you fishing. Hoping to get out this weekend
Cheers
Speerzy
i was in 90 feet down around 50 feet one hit the slider probably around 40 or less.good luck

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 10:52:41 pm »
Fished a bit in the hole Sunday AM.  A few boats out.  Marked some decent bait.  Temps were decent at depth.  Didn’t get anything. Vacation next week though so hope to burn some fuel and get the cooler slimy.

Offline Jkhunter

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2020, 08:44:14 am »
Any good salmon come out around Collingwood yet this season.

Offline John Kendell

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2020, 03:33:56 pm »
I’ve had lots of Lakers. No salmon yet for me. I hope to fish more the next few weeks trying to find them.

Offline Homelands101

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2020, 02:26:06 pm »
Anyone get any lines wet recently, hoping to launch out of Wasaga a couple time this week

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2020, 04:53:18 pm »
Lots of lakers.  No salmon yet, but I got a nice Rainbow on the cheater last week.  Almost 10lbs.  Hit like a freight train.
Temps are all over the map and no real thermocline set up around the islands yet, at least as far as I can tell from the times I have been out.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:55:22 pm by Canuck »

Offline grampa

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2020, 06:06:18 pm »
spent 6 hours trolling around collingwood today marked a few but not a sniff. seemed to mark plenty south of the water tower  not sure what they were

Offline grampa

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2020, 08:04:42 am »
not seeing many reports .anybody been out lately. i was out yesterday lost a big laker right at the boat and that was it!!! not marking much. could be too hot for some to be out. i was home early to beat the heat  myself.

Offline andrew9638

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2020, 09:19:29 am »
I was out on Tuesday and caught a 5 lb rainbow near the islands. Actually caught it with a Dipsy diver running about 35 ft down. Even though conventional wisdom says dipseys don’t work on the bay I thought I’d give it a try, as a few years ago a guy told me he actually caught salmon on one.

Offline Fox Fishing 4K (Youtube)

• Sub to our YOUTUBE channel.
    • Fox Fishing Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2020, 10:55:34 am »
I have been out some what steady usually once a week. We were averaging 3-6 salmon an evening but the bite completely died off for us. Year started amazing and have caught over 30+ salmon bjt we just hit a wall. The high winds a couple weeks ago really changed things up and i believe mixed up the thermocline (just a guess and excuse for not catching). Last day out was around July 8th. Tried the hole for a few hours with nothing. Saw around 10 other boats and i only saw 2 fish caught. Tried several depths with no luck. Next time i am out i am going to drop the Fish Hawk in and run a temp down the center deep. Fishing shoukd really start picking up shortly now.
Check out our YOUTUBE channel. FOX FISHING 4K! Features summer and winter fishing for Crappie, Whitefish, Lakers, Walleye and more. Fishing many local waters such as Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2020, 04:39:28 pm »
Been fishing Lake O for the past week. Will be trolling gbay for this week. Will report if I find them.

Offline Myles

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2020, 08:54:54 am »
I hit that same wall a couple weeks ago as well. Even the lake trout seemed to stop. Hopefully picks up again soon I'll be out this weekend looking for them. Good luck

Offline Krawler

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2020, 11:03:39 am »
Made it out this morning for a quick troll.
I swear all we needed was a change in the wind direction to get things going.
Proved to be correct
2/4
All salmon
Both 12lbs near identical fish.
Thermocline still high in the water column as it was 2 weeks ago but good temps a bit deeper.
They still won’t touch my mag spoons.

Be back at it later.

Offline Myles

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2020, 12:59:43 pm »
Nicely done. That's good to hear hopefully they've made it down to the area i usually fish. Only my 3rd year so i haven't fished too many different areas yet. August is usually good but hoping i can manage a few in july this year.

Offline grampa

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2020, 02:34:19 pm »
made it out to the hole this morning 1/1 11 pound hen. took my mag spoon. as usual the boats chased me out of there by 11.