Author Topic: fishing the bay  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Jim fisher

fishing the bay
« on: April 27, 2020, 05:53:11 pm »
Does anyone know for sure the newest law for fishing from your boat?? I heard only family that lives with you can be in there with you. Not a buddy. The O.P.P boat came into Waubaushene today, so Iam sure there checking.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Mrbeee

Re: fishing the bay
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 07:14:29 pm »
They need to live at the same address

Offline mauro

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 07:20:31 pm »
Is there any boat launches open in waubushene?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Glen

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 10:34:16 am »
For those of you who are looking for boat launches.  All boat launches in the Muskoka lakes are open. Never been closed. I phoned the TWP office and they confirmed.

Offline paolotca

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 01:36:52 pm »

Offline Mrbeee

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 04:55:21 pm »
So that confirms what glen said public ramps open
Only marinas are closed
Muskoka Lakes: Muskoka Marinas is closed to the public

Offline paolotca

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2020, 11:13:09 am »
My understanding is that all public launches are supposed to be closed.  I heard some areas are still open but if you go to the link I provided, the site as a letter sent to OFAH by the province indicating all launches are to be closed.

I'm in Oakville, and the public launches are closed, as well as I have a boat access only cottage close to Kilbear and the Parry Sound public launches are closed, the Carling Township public launches are closed and the marinas aren't supposed to let you use their launches unless you can prove that you provide an emergency service or are accessing your primary residence.

Offline Mrbeee

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 12:03:02 pm »
My understanding is that all public launches are supposed to be closed.  I heard some areas are still open but if you go to the link I provided, the site as a letter sent to OFAH by the province indicating all launches are to be closed.

I'm in Oakville, and the public launches are closed, as well as I have a boat access only cottage close to Kilbear and the Parry Sound public launches are closed, the Carling Township public launches are closed and the marinas aren't supposed to let you use their launches unless you can prove that you provide an emergency service or are accessing your primary residence.
The government only closed marinas. It was municipalities that closed public boat  ramps  and did so without a directive from Ford.

Offline paolotca

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 01:21:03 pm »
Ah, good to know. Didn't realize the distinction.

Offline Jim fisher

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 04:02:56 pm »
So, called the o.p.p monday and the officer I talked to said, if I had my buddy from Barrie with me in my boat, it would be up to the discretion of the officer whether or not to give us a warning or a 800 dollar fine. Due to the fact its the "stay at home rule". I called again last night and that officer told me, there is no new law that says you MUST stay at home unless its a necessity. She told me as long as we can keep the 6 ft. distancing there is no law being broken. There are no launches open in our area. However it varies from township to township.

Offline Mrbeee

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »
And that’s what I have been saying for some time