Author Topic: Last Week Lakers  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Saugeen Drifter

Last Week Lakers
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:30:50 am »
Anyone have any tips for some last minute lake trout. Wanted to get a few to smoke and only a week left. What depth is best? Does temp matter. I was out of OS on Friday, trolled in all my summer spots, went 1/1 off moonshine but did not mark any fish anywhere. I was primarily in 100 to 140 FOW but at veils pt. Should I be in tight to harbor or fishing 30FOW? Any tips would help.
Take a kid fishing
Give a child a fish, the child eats for a day, teach a child to fish, the child eats for a life time and tells a life time of big fish stories
When my time comes I will never say, "I wish I would have worked more", I will say I wish I could have fished more.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline grampa

Re: Last Week Lakers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 06:18:53 pm »
dont know anything about fishing owen sound but my lake trout spots have been too warm temperature wise fish havemoved on . need to find the right temp in my opinion and you will  the trout.

Offline Grandpa Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 07:15:21 am »
S.D. provides a very worthwhile reminder to those that may assume that Georgian Bay species have a year round open season. While this is true for most species; Lake Trout, Walleye, Pike,Bass and Muskies (possibly some others??) have closures for specific dates.
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline Saugeen Drifter

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 07:39:27 am »
thanks for the reply grampa, I have my temps just the fish are no longer there. I know they start setting up for the spawn Oct to Nov, just wondered if anyone knew of transition areas to pick them up.  I'd think that whether you were in OS bay or manitoulin the fish would be doing the same thing. Anyone any tips?
Take a kid fishing
Give a child a fish, the child eats for a day, teach a child to fish, the child eats for a life time and tells a life time of big fish stories
When my time comes I will never say, "I wish I would have worked more", I will say I wish I could have fished more.