Author Topic: Trolling report  (Read 34794 times)

Offline andrew9638

Re: Trolling report
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 09:14:21 am »
What a great fish Kevin B! It must have felt great to have that kind of power on the end of your line in G bay.
I still haven’t got my boat out, heavy into home renovations.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Meegs

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 09:20:45 am »
Awsome fish Kevin!     That’s a true monster for g bay! Especially this time of the year!   Bet that fish would be. Tyee by the fall!     Well done!

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 11:19:23 am »
Wow.  Just Wow.  Great fish.  Heavy and fat too.

Offline Kevin B

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2020, 03:25:56 pm »
Thanks!  It was a fun fight especially with my medium light downrigging rod.  Didnt expect that weight and strength.  Moonshine spoon did it....but the last outing, Meegs was the spoon of the day.

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2020, 03:56:01 pm »
GAAD i wish I was on that side of the bay.  Its such a long run over from Penetang and costs me a fortune in fuel.  Our salmon fishing does not heat up until late July and its crowded.

Offline buck

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 05:34:49 pm »
Stories like that keep us all coming back.... agree with the earlier comments by aNother Penetanguishene guy....much later for us ....and crowded

Committed to getting to west side of Christian On the next really nice day!....maybe Monday it looks like

Congrats!

Offline Krawler

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2020, 09:32:58 am »
Who's been out this week?  Beautiful stretch of weather.  I was fortunate enough to be able to work up here this week and get on the water almost daily.  Usually do a few hours in the am and quick hour before sunset.  Its been tough, working hard for bites, mainly around the islands.  Water is ice cold, surface is heating up but finding mid 50's down 15-25ft.  Most hits coming off leadcore or flatlining.  Still finding lots of bait but the hooks are not around them.  Went out to the bluezone this am hoping to find some better temps and active fish.  Surface and down temps are much warmer out there but no hits.  Did see hundreds of small fish jumping, I think they were juvenile salmon. 
Anyways curious how others have done, I did see a lot of boats trolling this week. 

Offline Myles

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2020, 10:28:10 am »
I was out last weekend and went 7 for 9 all lake trout but couldn't find anything else. All caught near the the bottom. Going to try again tomorrow hoping to find a salmon or rainbow. Should be a nice calm day good luck to whoever gets out

Offline MarkD

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2020, 11:40:39 am »
I was out yesterday, 12 Mile Bay. Trolled 5 hours just after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset. No hits, not much marks... Frustrated, in the middle of the day, we went to islands area and get two small pikes. One released, one for dinner....
Good calm day, but no salmon or trout....

Offline Krawler

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2020, 12:33:02 pm »
Are their a lot of guys trolling 12 Mile yet?

Offline JL

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2020, 12:57:10 pm »
Out a lot. I’ve seen lots of bait. Caught zero fish in the last few weeks. Hoping I can turn it around after a good start in May.

Offline MarkD

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2020, 02:22:13 pm »
Are their a lot of guys trolling 12 Mile yet?
There were three other boats in the morning, not sure if it is considering a lot, as I never saw more. They were in the same area and after two-three hours I also  joint them... I usually don't do it, but it was so tempting I could not resist... But they all trolled near and above shallow probably for pike... or maybe trout? I didn't mark any fish in there..
At the evening there was only one boat trolling near shallow/drop off area.

Offline nauti-too

• Fishing...its a way of life...
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2020, 07:02:17 pm »
June has always been the toughest month on the Bay. Fish can be anywhere as temps and patterns not set yet. Some decent fish caught already...But keep the faith...it only gets better from here on in...July is just around the corner. ;)
Jake....

Offline grampa

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2020, 07:14:16 pm »
4 for 4 today two lake trout and two salmon salmon were 10 and 11.5 moonshine spoons took 3 the fourth came on michigan stingray on the cheater.

Offline Speerzy

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2020, 11:58:43 am »
Hey Grampa, what depth were you fishing. Hoping to get out this weekend
Cheers
Speerzy