Author Topic: 20 days left and the Super Moon  (Read 1314 times)

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
20 days left and the Super Moon
« on: November 14, 2016, 06:32:05 am »
For anyone that was out last night around midnight you had a chance to see the moon at the closest proximity to earth in 34 years. There was no need for street lights and it was so bright you could walk in the woods. During full moon cycles the smallmouth fish can get tough mid day. Smallmouth are sight feeders and much of their feeding is done at night. So it would stand to reason a super full moon should make things very tough. But that wasn't the case.

Jame Gignac and I headed out at first light on Georgian Bay with 30 km wind from the south. The wind turned the research Ranger into a sail boat so it was hard to cover water in hiding places. The fish bit early and kept going for 3 hours. Just when the wind was supposed to get stronger it change directions and went flat. The bite got tough but you could still get fish on the bottom with a slow drift. By 1:00 we were stripping off layers and as the sun came out it became a nice Sept. day.

Ended the day with about 30 fish by 3:00. Then I get home to a burst pipe and a project for the morning. I guess you just have to pay for stealing perfect days in November.

19 days left in the season so I hope I paid forward for a couple more perfect GBay days.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement