Author Topic: San Souci Fishing  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Rocky

San Souci Fishing
« on: July 12, 2017, 12:01:02 pm »
I am going to be making my annual week long trip to the San Souci area starting next Friday. I've read that the water levels are up again this year. How has the bass fishing been? I can't wait to get up North.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline myot

Re: San Souci Fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »
My parents live about 20miles south of there and last weekend the bass fishing was stellar to say the least
most fish weren't on the outside shoals yet but we had non-stop action on Jerkbaits followed up with wacky worms or a 3" grub. easy to catch 25 fish between 1.5lbs and 3lbs the bigger ones were very hard to find

Dan

Offline Rocky

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:07:54 am »
Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear that the bass fishing was good. 25 fish between 1.5 - 3.0 lbs sounds good to me. We will mostly be worming in the mornings with the kids. In the afternoons and evenings we will be doing more casting and trolling. I can't wait.

Offline myot

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I am glad to hear that the bass fishing was good. 25 fish between 1.5 - 3.0 lbs sounds good to me. We will mostly be worming in the mornings with the kids. In the afternoons and evenings we will be doing more casting and trolling. I can't wait.

I had both my son and daughter out and both caught multiple bass just using scented grubs

Dan

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:55 am »
There is a lot of very deep fish out there as well. Even in mid July you can find fish in 40 ft.

Offline Aaronlycle

• AaronlycleNU
San Souci Fishing
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 07:34:40 pm »
I hope to make this trip too.

Going to try to get a couple of my fishing buds to come too.

Steve