Author Topic: Trolling Report  (Read 65270 times)

Offline Meegs

Re: Trolling Report
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2018, 06:25:44 am »
My spoons selection is pretty dismal right now, my blanks I ordered months ago still haven't arrived.   Send me s PM and I can let you know what I still have.   I've got a bunch of plugs that will be ready the next couple days

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Online Krawler

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2018, 10:04:35 am »
Dammit James now everyone is going to have my secret weapon ;)

Great plugs, been running them since last year, they catch fish!  Same action as similar style plugs, excellent durability and paint!

Offline paolotca

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2018, 11:46:17 am »
Hit a few of lakers (4 to 10 lbs.) a couple of miles west of Frying pan Island. Used spoons (chartreuse and silver) with chartreusse flashers set on the lines about 42' ahead of the spoons.  Running at 2.4 to 2.8 mph although I was doing an s pattern.  Hit them between 60 and 90 ft.

I'm going to try running my flashers off the downrigger balls (42' behind ball) with the lures located 4 to 5 ft above. 

Offline nauti-too

• Fishing...its a way of life...
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2018, 01:29:06 pm »
Gonna give this a guy a workout this weekend.... ;)

Cheers...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:32:29 pm by nauti-too »

Offline Steve72george

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2018, 05:14:34 pm »
42 feet or inches. If feet im kinda confused or reading this wrong

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 07:04:31 pm »
No salmon yet ? Gona try this weekend around tomb if boat traffic isnít crazy and I donít melt in the heat lol!!

Offline paolotca

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2018, 09:49:50 am »
42 feet or inches. If feet im kinda confused or reading this wrong

LOL. Sorry I meant to say 42" (inches)

Offline Steve72george

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2018, 10:05:33 am »
Now it all makes sense ;-) was wondering if i was missing out on something hehe

Online Krawler

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2018, 02:57:57 pm »
Flashers are a good idea but normally run them with meat but stacking a lure above a flasher is a good trick.  Watch your speeds, certain lures perform better at certain speeds.  Heavier spoons run faster, lighter spoons run slower. 

Online Grandpa Jim

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2018, 08:32:27 am »
Slipped out for an overnighter Thursday afternoon, prior to the onslaught of boats over the long week-end. I was accompanied by my first mate (AKA the Mad Kayaker). I managed to get in a few hours of trolling Thursday evening. Very slow for us with only two very small salmon, both coming off a full core on the planer board. We spent Friday kayaking around Hope Island. Noticed a couple of new structures that had been built on the old lighthouse site on the north east corner of Hope. Both looked like garages with shingled roofs but the bottom six feet of the walls left completely open. Curiousity took over and we slipped ashore where the old dock once stood and took a look. There were round squirrel or raccoon baffles on each of the four support beams. Inside were a large number of what seemed to be bird nesting structures which were half spheres with a small, hollowed out section at the top portion of each. They were all marked with a commercial name which neither of us can recall. None of the nesting platforms showed any sign of useage so maybe they were just put up and missed the nesting season. Go fishing and discover the ultimate bird nesting sanctuary! I have no idea what species of bird these were designed for but would appreciate hearing from anyone who knows.
The run home to Hindson`s was quite interesting due to the expected flotilla of power and sail craft heading out for the long weekend. Just a very light wind but the Bay surface resembled a mix-master with wakes coming from all directions.
Did some follow-up Google research on the nesting structures. Looks like an effort to attract barn swallows which have been on a steady decline number wise for several years now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:05:38 am by Grandpa Jim »
"... better to burn out, than to fade away ..." Neil Young

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2018, 09:58:05 pm »
Fished all over tonight marked very few fish Christian island beckwith and hope managed one nice king 90 over 115 blue and silver spoon with coyote flasher kept tight to the ball. Few other boats out but not many rods bouncing. Very pricey launch at Christian island !!!! Shorter run for me but next time Iíll just suck it up and run it 50$ park and launch perty steep!!!

Would love to post a pic but says attachment to big and I donít know how to ffix that

Offline grampa

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 09:28:19 am »
was out on friday in the am went 2 for 2 stayed untill the boats traffic drove us off the water spoons down 100 over about 130

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2018, 10:54:46 am »
Any one fish west side of tomb this year ? Marks point awenda?

Offline FISHMASTER

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2018, 07:45:36 pm »
Tried Methodist point 2 weeks ago with 1 laker the first day then skunked the next time out. Lost a cannon ball so it was at least a little exciting. Going to try the hole then Methodist tomorrow morning. Should be calm.

Offline Valley Tackle co

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2018, 09:11:59 pm »
What did you hook your cannon ball on ? I may go out tomorow as well Iím in a bright red tracker with mag 10s