Author Topic: 1st Timer - What tackle to bring???  (Read 1170 times)

Offline snowpromod

1st Timer - What tackle to bring???
« on: July 05, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
Hi All,

I am coming to the area for my first time 7/11-7/16, we are starting the trip in Britt On and staying on Duquesne Island.  Looking for some advice/suggestions on what type of bait/lures to bring to make for an enjoyable trip?  It sounds like we are going to be fishing for: Bass, Walleye, and Pike???  I am coming as a guest and would like to have a decent tackle box made up for the area...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline EsoxWanderer

Re: 1st Timer - What tackle to bring???
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 06:13:22 pm »

For casual mid summer pike fishing you might try spinners (eg: mepps #5 double bladed aglia) and white or dark green swim baits.

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:16:50 pm »
I am a fan of spoons for pike in summer.  You sometimes need to buzz the top of cabbage and sometimes get down by the weed edges.  I like Williams warblers for casting and buzzing the tops of weeds.  the old red devil is a good option.  I like the heavy ones for getting deep.  The yellow five of diamonds is a good one to have in the box too.  Big stickbaits with lots of colour too at times.  (I have too many lures).

Offline mauro

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:55:02 am »
Bring a variety of jigs in a variety of colours 1/8th and 1/4 ounce should cover it.  Spoons, spinners and rapalas are also a staple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk