Author Topic: Anyone out near the Tomb yet?  (Read 2038 times)

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Anyone out near the Tomb yet?
« on: January 26, 2019, 09:04:44 am »
Is there enough ice to travel out on the bay?

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline DasBass

Re: Anyone out near the Tomb yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:39:55 pm »
i went to mini cogneshene today, looked like there was plenty of ice that way

Offline Krawler

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 08:32:53 am »
Yes john i have heard of a few guys making the trek out there by sled not in doves but the usual hotheads.  I cant say what the thickness is right now.  A friend walked to beckwith on the ice yesterday.  I'm planning on going for lakers in the area this weekend and the following weekend, i have a few access points with are a short 20min walk to 100fow.  Be nice to find a salmon or hit some more ling.  They're out there!!

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:59:47 am »
Yes john i have heard of a few guys making the trek out there by sled not in doves but the usual hotheads.  I cant say what the thickness is right now.  A friend walked to beckwith on the ice yesterday.  I'm planning on going for lakers in the area this weekend and the following weekend, i have a few access points with are a short 20min walk to 100fow.  Be nice to find a salmon or hit some more ling.  They're out there!!

Thanks
I'm trying to get out to the caves if there are any and want to fish the south end of the tomb.

Offline Krawler

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 12:23:26 pm »
Same here John.  On feb 23 their is big group ride scheduled from Honey Harbour to the Tomb to check out the caves.  I plan to go and hopefully will do some fishing both days out there.  Extended forecast looks good for snow and cold temps so the ice should hold up. 

Offline Smiath

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »
if anyone is heading out fishing id love to come along! I took a drive around thunder beach a few weeks ago and it didn't look good. We've done a lot of riding around here lately but the guys I ride with don't fish and the guys I fish with don't ride around here. Ive spent to much time fishing up north and would love to spend some more time here on home waters. If anyone would like to give it a go the weekend after this one shoot me a message  ;D

Offline Krawler

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 01:17:41 pm »
pm sent

Offline Slammer

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 09:15:04 am »
out to the Tomb and up to twelve Mile from there this past weekend.  Nothing much at all for caves this year, not worth the drive but the trails were excellent once up the Twelve Mile Bay area.  A couple of minor sketchy spots out on the lake by the Pine Islands, but followed a couple of tracks out there and made it up to Twelve Mile no problem....just need to keep the speed up in a couple of spots.  But then Sunday came the rain and mild temps....good freeze again now.  Always exercise caution out there.
Cheers all

Offline Krawler

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 11:40:38 am »
I did the same trip Slammer, Tomb to pine to 12 mile.nice running on the bay that far out, ice was perfect.    Couple of guys fishing north of the tomb and a few guys inside closer to Sawlog.  I fshed Marks and had friends fishing around the tomb, beckwith, and cedar point.  All i can say is out of all the fish i caught and that friends caught, nothing was over 1 lb.  Seriously all tiny lakers.  I hear bigger fish will come in March.