Author Topic: Spring Lakers  (Read 463 times)

Offline Saugeen Drifter

Spring Lakers
« on: April 03, 2020, 12:28:53 pm »
New to Owen Sound and the Bay; any tips on how to locate lakers during this time of the year? Deep/Shallow/Up high over deep water/planers in skinny water....I can jig but looking to get the kiddo's out and jigging is a solo act for me now, simple reeling in fish for the kids is best..just looking for a place to start, don't need specific spots as I am sure you all have your secrets. Just bottom detail to look for or what depth, little tidbits and Ill fumble the rest in.
Take a kid fishing
Give a child a fish, the child eats for a day, teach a child to fish, the child eats for a life time and tells a life time of big fish stories
When my time comes I will never say, "I wish I would have worked more", I will say I wish I could have fished more.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Mrbeee

Re: Spring Lakers
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 04:34:32 pm »
All boat ramps are closed

Offline Saugeen Drifter

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 10:04:16 am »
Didn't ask about ramps, but thanks for the update, I am sure most fisherman like me were aware, don't need one. Simply looking for "how too" catch them this time of year without jigging.
Take a kid fishing
Give a child a fish, the child eats for a day, teach a child to fish, the child eats for a life time and tells a life time of big fish stories
When my time comes I will never say, "I wish I would have worked more", I will say I wish I could have fished more.

Offline BillM

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 10:24:24 am »
Long leads, off the boards with deep diving stickbaits is usually my go to (Deep Husky Jerks, Livetargets, even a 1'2oz clip on weight infront of a Predator or other flutter spoon)

Offline Saugeen Drifter

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 09:43:33 am »
thanks Bill,! So they are up high?Interesting; I haven't trolled with jerks for years, strictly goto dipsey/slide divers. Thanks for the tip.
Take a kid fishing