Author Topic: Launch update  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Canuck

• Georgian Sands Beach / Oakville
Re: Launch update
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 08:15:54 am »
Is the launch at Jackson park open?  I have never used it and I don't need it, but curious.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Wasagabeach

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 01:22:38 pm »
Is the launch at Jackson park open?  I have never used it and I don't need it, but curious.

Read the very first post......

Offline Kevin B

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 07:48:08 pm »
It's too bad that the town of Wasaga Beach has incompetent politicians.  I have lived in the area for the past 21 years and they still can only manage 1 single boat launch in town. They advertise that they are a beach water town with the longest freshwater beach in the world.   And their launch is only good enough for 1 boat at a time.  Yes there is a private launch at SPM and the provincial launch (which is a poor excuse for a launch).  Its pathetic but does mirror the town council and past few mayors.  I was thinking of going out to wet lines tomorrow but it is the weekend and that single boat launch may be busy.  Might be worth driving to Collingwood where they have an excellent boat launch - 4 boats at a time.

Offline grampa

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 08:32:10 pm »
fyi i was on the bike today stopped by the launch in collingwood they are only letting 2 boats launch at a time one on each side. there are barriers on the road where you need to wait in line untill directed by the harbour master.nice launch ,room for four boats but only two at a time for now