Author Topic: Where is your favorite place to eat on the bay?  (Read 2735 times)

Offline John Whyte

• Administrator
    • Time on the Water Canada
Where is your favorite place to eat on the bay?
« on: May 24, 2011, 08:44:08 pm »
This is for a new section here on the board and in www.timeonthewater.ca
It can be anywhere that serves good food and has friendly service.

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

bayboy

Re: Where is your favorite place to eat on the bay?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:14:52 pm »
Unfortunatly I can't remember the name but it is on the water in Port McNicoll

Good food and freindly service.

Offline Laurie

• Georgian Bay Bassmasters
  • President~Georgian Bay Bassmasters
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 08:00:32 am »
That sounds a lot like Henry's South. They're a tradition on Georgian Bay, and are famous for serving some of the best fish in the area. Their original location on Frying Pan Island in Sans Souci is still open, and is also worth a visit if you're looking for a great meal, friendly service and beautiful surroundings.

http://www.henrysfishrestaurant.com/doral.php

Another place that is a "must vist" is the Dock Lunch in Penetanguishene. They're conveniently located at the town wharf, right next to the boat launch. After being on the water all day, it is almost impossible to resist the smell of their homemade burgers, fries and other food that wafts over to greet you. (John will vouch for that, lol! Sometimes I think he comes here to fish just so he can get a footlong hotdog and an ice cream cone!)
They've been there since the late '60's, and I'm pretty sure that the little lady named Prima who runs the grill came with the place. It's worth a visit just to see her work because she is a one woman army! She defines the definition of "small but mighty".
The owners, Nick and Marina Boudouris, have been involved in our community for as far back as I remember, and support youth sports and other local programs.

http://www.shopmidland.com/docklunch
Even a fish could stay out of trouble if it could just keep its mouth shut....

Offline TomHardy

• Georgian Bay Bassmasters
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »
dock lunch rules!