Author Topic: Introduce Your Self  (Read 21548 times)

Offline Fenelonfishguy

Re: Introduce Your Self
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 10:20:46 pm »
Hi all.  My name is Mark.  I'm an avid year round fisherman.  I live in the Kawarthas and do most of my summer fishing close to home, and winter fishing on Simcoe.

I just love the Parry Sound lake trout fishery!  But I have yet to experience it in winter.  Hoping to give it a try through the ice this year.  I didn't know this forum existed until I started looking for info on ice fishing that area. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeorgianBay MessageBoard

• Advertisement

Offline Westarm

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2019, 11:44:34 am »
Hi.... retired and downsized from the north (West Arm of Lake Nipissing) to Penetanguishene.  Have followed the board for a while and figured its time to register and add a post once in a while.  Spend the winters in Florida now so its soft water only.  Tight lines.....

Offline Mrbeee

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2019, 01:01:04 pm »
Welcome aboard. Not a lot of people here but they are good fishermen

Offline johnny99

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2019, 06:26:39 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the board and love fishing

Offline Bud Wiser

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2020, 04:55:35 pm »
Hello all,
Just signed up to the forum as I have a little more time to myself being recently retired.
I live on Colpoys Bay near Wiarton and will be spending more time now trying to hunt down the fish which are between here and Owen Sound.
The fishing is slow to say the least. With the MNRF's strategy to only stock Lake Trout in FMZ 14
I think it's a mistake as does a contract biologis i spoke with but if that's all they are going to stock
they need to keep stocking. I can't find any stocking records for 2019 but do no they stocked in 2018
as I saw them. I plan to have our local MPP Bill Walker get some answers for me.
I was among 12 boats downrigging in Colpoys last week on one evening and never saw a single release. Pathetic to say the least. Good thing for the local clubs like BPSA and their stocking efforts for rainbow.
At least when they used to stock Splake it was a put and take fishery that got tourism going.

Anyway sorry for my first post coming off like a rant!

Bud

Offline Wilbur007

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2020, 05:58:40 pm »
Bud:  Try this site.  You get very detailed information on stocking for all of The Great Lakes, and the variety of fish types being stocked.  It also includes the GPS location of each stocking drop locations.  Some great information.

http://www.glfc.org/fishstocking/exactsearch.htm

Offline Bud Wiser

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2020, 06:47:29 pm »
Thanks for that Wilbur007 ,

Looks like a great site. No data for 2019 (shows up as an error)   2018 looks good.
I don't think anyone has updated the site from where it is propagated from.

I saw the stocking of Lake Trout take place every year for the last 10 years.
Typically the trucks would back down Big Bay government dock and then Load the Georgian Bay Explorer for release.
Never happened last year and my job saw me at Big Bay every day last year.
Hopefully someone can clarify this from the ministry.
Re-stocking is very important and has been taking place for many years.
I will follow up with the Upper Great Lakes Management Unit in Owen Sound and get back to this post.
 Bud